The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Young lady needs help with tranny probs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 37 of 37
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    Let me see, so I'm am the one who is being careless because I present the complete options for the customers, with COMPLETE AND PROPER methods of service, and let them decide from there. Doing that, you believe that *I* am forcing them into a decision or else, well that is your own unfounded belief, and that is completely disingenuous. I have a huge customer base, and many that are quite satisfied.
    Lol, nice attempt to put a spin on things. Can't take the salesman outta ya I guess;)
    "Decide from there"..........stoooopppp. You've been exposed already by your own statements to now try and pretend that you offer an array of options. Silly.

Well, now you are actually getting closer to properly servicing your customers vehicles, good for you! One day, you may actually provide total and complete satisfaction to your customers.
    Thanks for confirming my previous statements on how you 'do' things. It really is a shame.

Good for Google, and guess what, industry professionals can peruse the thread, and they'll know I'm right, because THEY ACTUALLY SERVICE vehicles totally and completely, you know, so people don't destroy their vehicles from improper and incomplete service.
    If that's what you need to tell yourself so you can sleep at night after extracting all you can from people's wallets.......

My technicians are all ASE-certified for transmission service (most have complete ASE certifications). But you know what, I really don't have to justify that either.
    Is that where my jaw drops? I'm also ASE certified. Anyone can attain an ASE certification, unfortunately (rolls eyes...)
    It's not rocket science yet you keep trying to sell that point of view.

Um...I TOLD YOU that vehicles that have sealed transmissions still require servicing, not the other way around.*

Really!? Was it here.....

I'll also tell you this ANY VEHICLE THAT HAS NO TRANSMISSION DIPSTICK is a 'fill for life' transmission

Or here!?!?.......

Yes, actually they are. Maybe you should check the service recommendations for those vehicles you listed. I know for a FACT that the Ford Explorer (per Ford) is considered a 'fill for life' transmission.

Last I checked the English language, "For life" means just that........FOR LIFE!!! Not 100K, 150K, 200K miles. I was the one that told you the opposite and you took things all personal. Here, let me quote myself.....

Quote Originally Posted by Galant9GSE View Post
    Err!! Pervious gen Ford Explorers, Volkswagen Jetta/Passat, as well as other older and current vehicles have "sealed transmissions" that are 100% serviceable. You may need dealer/special tools to properly fill/service them but they are not considered "for life" fluids. I'm surprised you'd make a ridiculous statement like that given how long you've been active. No dip stick does not always = for life fluid.

Dang your ego is worse than I thought. You made yourself look the fool. Again. All my posts stand unedited for the world to read.

If you like improperly qualifying your customers, so be it. Maybe you should wonder why you have to keep digging back into transmissions after you performed a regular (and improper) drain and fill. But, I digress, you are consumed with greed, and you'd rather rip people off than service their vehicles properly. Go away, get out of the service industry.
    Again, you've been exposed so don't try and spin things to try fix your image now.

And you really shouldn't be assuming I meant things I never said.
    Heed your own "advice"....

Keep treading down this road if you want, you will be turning off of it shortly either by your choice, or mine.

Of course, the obligatory impending threat has emerged. As administrator you can choose to ban people who don't share your views. This benefits you greatly as you can have the last word and not have your flawed views pointed out.

You need to apologize for spreading inaccurate information to those out there reading your statements and taking them as 100% facts. Your human and make mistakes but your ego has gotten the best of you.

Quote Originally Posted by apabbott View Post
    Well, still waiting to hear back from the trans. shop. I called him this morning and he has been out of the shop due to a family event(new grandchild). He is supposed to call me today with some estimates of a rebuild, or a flush. I have talked it over with my husband and have decided to have the rebuild right now, if needed. I don't want to take any chances while on the road, and at least with the rebuild I will have a warranty to travel with me if things turn south on me during the trip. I plan on keeping this car for as long as possible, so I think it is the only way to go. Hopefully he can get to it in time.

I have heard a couple more good reviews of this guy's work since I spoke to him last, which makes me feel even better. Fingers crossed that the work is done right and that I get my car in and out of the shop before June 6th.
    sum shops give a 90 day an real honest ones offer a 1 year warrenty, at least thats the way it seems around here
    clickity clack & boom in the back , 99 Glant

Quote Originally Posted by Galant9GSE View Post
    Lol, nice attempt to put a spin on things. Can't take the salesman outta ya I guess;)
    "Decide from there"..........stoooopppp. You've been exposed already by your own statements to now try and pretend that you offer an array of options. Silly.

Thanks for confirming my previous statements on how you 'do' things. It really is a shame.

If that's what you need to tell yourself so you can sleep at night after extracting all you can from people's wallets.......

Is that where my jaw drops? I'm also ASE certified. Anyone can attain an ASE certification, unfortunately (rolls eyes...)
    It's not rocket science yet you keep trying to sell that point of view.

Really!? Was it here.....

Or here!?!?.......

Last I checked the English language, "For life" means just that........FOR LIFE!!! Not 100K, 150K, 200K miles. I was the one that told you the opposite and you took things all personal. Here, let me quote myself.....

Dang your ego is worse than I thought. You made yourself look the fool. Again. All my posts stand unedited for the world to read.

Again, you've been exposed so don't try and spin things to try fix your image now.

Heed your own "advice"....

Of course, the obligatory impending threat has emerged. As administrator you can choose to ban people who don't share your views. This benefits you greatly as you can have the last word and not have your flawed views pointed out.

You need to apologize for spreading inaccurate information to those out there reading your statements and taking them as 100% facts. Your human and make mistakes but your ego has gotten the best of you.
    I'll just say that once and for all, you are entirely too egotistical, and I won't bother to correct you anymore. Give the incorrect advice all you want, think I'm wrong or crazy all you want. Just remember, I offer a complete and total honest service for my clients, and I have yet to completely overhaul any transmission that we have flushed, unlike you. And unlike you, we don't like to be selfish and improperly qualify our customers. You should realize that you are being FAR MORE DAMAGING to their vehicles by doing half-assed service.

But, I guess you like that, so, go ahead, keep on doing it. I'll laugh when you are out of business because you screwed your customers too much, too often. I should flat out ban you because of your blatant stupidity, but alas, I'm only willing to ban people that screw with my dollars, or dollars of TGC Members (except egotistical newbies like you). I don't need to 'spin' anything, to fix anything here, nor would I even care to placate children like you.

So, I'd much rather you find your own way out, but if you continue to press on, you will force my hand. Hell, as far as servicing customers, I bet you are ready and willing to machine brake rotors well under machine to measurements, and you no doubt leave old intake gaskets on cars, and old thermostats on when servicing vehicles for coolant repairs. Hell, you probably put the old fluids back in the car just after you installed 'new' parts on a customers car.

*I* should feel ashamed? No, you really should because whoever you got trained by completely duped you. Oh well...I can help correct ignorance, but with you, it isn't possible to correct stupid. Have a nice day, and don't come back.

apabbott
    Got car back yesterday afternoon. Local shop had it for about a week. Mechanic told me over the phone that the all is well, however, he stated that I might notice a little jerky shift when hitting 3rd gear. He said that somewhere between 50-100 miles the computer will reset itself, and this should smooth out the shifting. Drove it yesterday about 70-80 miles. I did immediately notice the hard shift at 3rd when accelerating. After driving for about 30 minutes, I also noticed a hard shift when slowing down at a red light. Not sure what gear. Very similar to what car was doing before. This happened twice. What do you guys think? Is the ecu reset a legitimate claim?

Got car back yesterday afternoon. Local shop had it for about a week. Mechanic told me over the phone that the all is well, however, he stated that I might notice a little jerky shift when hitting 3rd gear. He said that somewhere between 50-100 miles the computer will reset itself, and this should smooth out the shifting. Drove it yesterday about 70-80 miles. I did immediately notice the hard shift at 3rd when accelerating. After driving for about 30 minutes, I also noticed a hard shift when slowing down at a red light. Not sure what gear. Very similar to what car was doing before. This happened twice. What do you guys think? Is the ecu reset a legitimate claim?

The transmission computer will need to reset, so it is a legitimate claim. Though I would expect mildly rough shifts at each gear change. Our transmissions are designed to be be 'learning' transmissions for lack of a better term. They essentially learn how you drive and adjust shift points accordingly. I was always under the impression that this took up to a week, which is usually 100-200 miles or so. So a few days time should be good enough to get through any learning process.

If any issues persist, then go back to your mechanic for further inspection.

The transmission computer will need to reset, so it is a legitimate claim. Though I would expect mildly rough shifts at each gear change. Our transmissions are designed to be be 'learning' transmissions for lack of a better term. They essentially learn how you drive and adjust shift points accordingly. I was always under the impression that this took up to a week, which is usually 100-200 miles or so. So a few days time should be good enough to get through any learning process.

If any issues persist, then go back to your mechanic for further inspection.
    Would it be safe to say if it is only doing it in the ONE gear instead of all 4 that it might have not been fixed properly, or is it just her computer/tranny acting like that? If it were me, i'd reset the ECU and see how it acts.
    -Andrew

apabbott
    Not only is it only 1 gear, it is only occasionally doing it. I'll give it a few more days. Mechanic told me to give it about a week, and if it doesn't improve bring it back. I've already put b/w 200-300 miles on it, and if anything it seems to happen more often.

my noob understanding of the tranny is that it either shifts or doesnt shift. It doesnt shift quicker, softer, harder because of how it learns. Its just flips an internal switch and shifts.

What you may be experiencing are firmer shifts because the end clutches and clutch pack are new. So when its time to switch gears, boom, the internal clutches grab instantly and shifts, hence the hard shifts.
    Last edited by qnz; 06-16-2011 at 07:27 PM

apabbott
    The car isn't just shifting harder. On occasion, after driving for several minutes, the car jerks hard into third gear upon accelerating. What worries me is the it just started jerking hard into low gear when slowing down. It is basically doing what it did before the rebuild. I don't really know if this is a trans. computer problem, but it seems to me if it was it wouldn't be only certain gears at sporadic times. Any ideas?

apabbott
    Well, I have driven the car for several days now, and thankfully the car has completely smoothed out. No hard shifts, no jerking. The car drives better than it ever has. Thanks for your help.

^good to see that they could help you out
    I just have just a few things to say here, some are sort of relavent with the problems you had, and others to the posts, but this is just some basic stuff I have picked up and noticed over the years, just my 2 cents, you guys can ignore this if you like

yes, manufactor specific trans fluid is a great idea as it will extend the life of your transmission, it is indeed very expensive, if you don't have money for the specified fluid, high milage ATF from a name brand will still work. I am running that right now, I have even raced on it, my transmission is OK and shifts fine (clunky, yes, but it always has been), but as I will likely be switching transmissions in the next year, I don't really have to worry about the life of it, but in your case, if you don't have the money to buy the Mitsu trans fluid and have to get it changed, run the generic stuff until you can buy the Mitsu fluid.

over time with any transmission, between the shift between two gears will be jerkier and rougher than with any other shift, in my car it is the 1-2 shift, this is usually because this shift is the most frequently done on a regular basis, this issue isn't really something to be worried about, however, if it does get worse, then look into it

Experienced TGC Member n3oAcid24's Avatar
    what happen to just helping the person with their problem?
    n3oAcid24 = 01' Galant I4

Well, I have driven the car for several days now, and thankfully the car has completely smoothed out. No hard shifts, no jerking. The car drives better than it ever has. Thanks for your help.
    Glad to hear. So, did you get it rebuilt or just flushed?

apabbott
    complete rebuild. I didn't want to take a chance, and neither did the mechanic. Cost me $1575, including tax. Problem solved, and i feel much better driving to work now. Car actually drives better than when I bought it, and seems to have more power.

Not bad for a complete rebuild!

wow, that is a good deal for a rebuild

Cool deal, make sure they used a fluid approved for that transmission. Some aftermarket ones don't have the necessary detergents in them to keep the tranny shifting and operating smoothly. Also keep a close eye on how soon you flush it, don't believe figures people throw out there, take into consideration your driving habits, weather in your area and Remember how the car feels now that is how it should be anything else is just a red flag for you.

So, I'd much rather you find your own way out, but if you continue to press on, you will force my hand. Hell, as far as servicing customers, I bet you are ready and willing to machine brake rotors well under machine to measurements, and you no doubt leave old intake gaskets on cars, and old thermostats on when servicing vehicles for coolant repairs. Hell, you probably put the old fluids back in the car just after you installed 'new' parts on a customers car.
    This had me ROFLMFAO!!

I Believe this thread turned out to be helpful to a bunch of us, I know I learned alot from all of Dave's "redgalant2k1" facts and pointers.
    Last edited by oakrdrs187; 06-22-2011 at 09:06 PM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12