The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Front Speakers!

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Front Speakers!

So I got a set of Image Dynamics CTX65's for the front doors. Aftermarket HU, amp bypass, blah blah blah. I do not have an amp for them yet, but I wanted to rerun the wire so it was easier when the time came. I've also got a bunch of sound deadener that I'll be applying when I change the speakers, and I'll eventually close up all of the holes in the door and add a deflex pad or something behind the speaker.

Anyway, I was wondering how exactly one goes about this. Do I have to take off part of the dash to get to the black boots? Also, what do I do at the harness and the HU? Which wires do I take out, and how do I connect the new ones?

Sorry for the stupid questions, but I searched and found nothing really pertaining to my exact questions.

EDIT: Forgot to add that I've got a GTZ, with the Infinity system. My tweeters and center channel haven't worked since I got the car, so yeah.
    '03 Sterling Silver GTZ

For the wiring, use an harness adapter, so you wont have to cut any factory plug, and they already come labeled and coded; to access the black boot for the doors, take out the kick panels, passing the new wiring is not an easy task, so be patience; if you can also take out the lower part of the dash, Ill help to get a better access.
    De que estamos hablando?

passing wire through the door boot is actually pretty easy if you have the patience. You'll have to unplugg the door harness. Remove the door panel as well. The boot is just pressure fit into the door and jamb. Once the plugs is unplugged you can actually pull the whole thing out of the door jamb. Then out of the door itslef and into the speaker cavity. Maybe if I ever get my car back on the road I'll do it again and take some pics this time. If you ask mrjaydeeone he actually watched me do the same thing about couple years ago to his car.
    MECP First Class Certi-fried installer.

For the right price, nothing is impossible.