The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Suspect Racings awd 4g63t spd swap 7g build

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

Suspect Racings awd 4g63t spd swap 7g build

new ride i owned it 4yrs ago and sold it found it sitting in a barn with a cover on it the kid i sold it to 4yrs ago got ahold of me on facebook the other day asking if i wanted to buy it back he blew the motor a month after selling it to him and been sitting in his back barn ever since..fate? but i dont know very much on these i do know my way around 1gs tho. same concept just need to figure out what i can use and what i need.. also im new here so hi everyone my names steve from evansdale iowa sorry for big pic i didnt know how to make it smaller :/ well heres the build so far

my rims on the g/f ride

old 4g63 block dun dun dun need a new one i bought this for 50 with a head and tore it apart and found this
    No Comment

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    nice work, keep it up
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

It's progress.

thanks guys i got my right hand drive swap now so ill be cutting out my old firewall and the one out of the jdm swap. hopefully it turns out good :x

+

No Comment

Why RHD? It makes left turns, the most dangerous thing you do driving, even more dangerous.

It looks like you stripped the adhesive off the seams in the engine bay. Are you planing on stitch welding it?
    Last edited by eclipsh; 09-27-2011 at 03:19 PM
    - Nick, 94 Galant ES - 4G64 DOHC Turbo AWD, E3-16G & Manifold, 780cc inj, fmic, DS-MAP Speed Density

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge..." - Charles Darwin

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    y would you go RHD? not only like eclipsh said, but everything is now back wards and has to be reworked. not worth the hassle.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Looks like there is no airbag for the front passenger on the RHD dash either. Does the steering wheel have one? How will you manage your electrical system? I think you're making an already difficult project a hell of a lot tougher trying to do the RHD thing.
    - Nick, 94 Galant ES - 4G64 DOHC Turbo AWD, E3-16G & Manifold, 780cc inj, fmic, DS-MAP Speed Density

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge..." - Charles Darwin

yea and its really not street legal after you cut off your stock front. all tubings lines etc are so messed up its not funny and any clutch line u put in will have about 3 feet of slack, all new brake lines etc. there is nothing cooler about being RHD unless you import a damn vr4 in my book and its not worth it.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Just something I wanted to do and I'm taking the old fire wall out and welding the other one I'n not cutting the car I'n half. Yes wiring will be difficult but I think it will come out decent cars going to be street legal but not going to daily driven.
    No Comment

awd is a great feat. i would have fully built a 2.4 made it dohc got a 30r, link and all that jazz for the time and money you are spending doing that. unless you are rich of course. in which case, have at it
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

wow, keep it up! Looks like its a clean 7g to mod.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Go Big or Go Home. . I respect the rhd swap because you're doing it ..also im in Omaha. Don't know how far you are but there's a solid 1g awd. Gsx here t the yard you might make use of. Engine gone but trannys there and driveline and brakes
    Shout out to anyone that still uses hand tools for their work
    With elbow grease for power and determination for a battery

Maybe your broke maybe your old school

Me I'm a lil of both

We can't use a 1g drivetrain. We need 2g stuff.

Also don't misunderstand me, I respect the work you are undertaking but honestly don't seen point. You end up weakening the strength of the vehicle by cutting and welding and all that.

May I ask what really made you want to do a RHD conversion?
    Last edited by Galanttuner10; 09-28-2011 at 08:22 AM
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

I live about 5-6hrs away from Omaha and yes I need a 2g awd donor for the swap if it was a 1g I would of had 2 full parts cars lol but I got offered a full front rhd clip from a guy 2hrs away for 250 so I took the chance to do it wasn't my first intention I'm deff not rich man just wanted a project for the garage to mess around with :) thanks for the positive feedback guys and I understand where some of you are coming from just something j told myself I wanted to do so I didn't want to let myself down
    No Comment