The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: No Overdrive

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Showing results 41 to 48 of 48
    tmain_2319
    Quote Originally Posted by justin View Post
    Chris I hate u lol..... When u coming back to GA? And ur over drive doesn't work??? How did u test it out???
    i put the car in over drive and tried to drive down the road. it does the same thing its been doing slips into neutral around 30mphs

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    A little note, our cars over drive isn't supposed to be on all the time. I learned this from my father who is an ASE certified mechanic. After I went through 3 autos he told me that the way trannies like ours are designed is to be engaged at around 40 mph or higher as if it's to low the tranny will constantly pop back and forth between drive and over drive causing this end clutches to quickly over heat and stop working. On my last auto if I went under 45 I turned over drive off and the tranny lasted over 2 years an was used when before my 3 professionally rebuilt ones lasted a total of 4 thousand miles.

That being established, I tried just doing end clutches on my first 7g and had it stop working after about 100 miles. I would get a good used tranny or do a 5 speed swap. They will cost you about the same amount parts wise. I got my whole swap for 400 then added about 200 worth of new parts and have been going strong for almost a year now.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

That's Ur inside clutches then not over drive sry man drop the trans an rebuild it.... I just bought a bushing cost me 30 bucks lol.... Hopefully this week it's n and running because EvErY last price is brand new.... And chris is luv u lol.... I only run overdrive one when I'm doing over 45-55....

okay so i took my end clutch off and 3 of the 4 clutch were just completely fucked up. would that be the problem or should i take apart and look at the rest of the trans being the end clutch over heated?
    1994 galnt es SOHC

tmain_2319
    can someone direct to a page on how to rebuild a auto transmission?

just type in the search thing how to rebuild an auto trans and justin put an entire step by step directions on how to do it.
    1994 galnt es SOHC

tmain_2319
    Just an update on my situation it was in fact my end clutch sorry to all the tranny buffs out there, had to pull it off and investigate about 4 times and fo to the junk yard and buy a seal kit for the whole tranny but i found the problems. it was a ripped seal and a snap ring wasn't put on properly. it runs great got it up to about 110mph the other day. still a little jumpy though so im sure there is more that needs to be done to the transmission.

thats good to hear man im accutaly just rebuilding my entire trans right now. All my inside clutchs n clutch plates were screwed up!! lol
    1994 galnt es SOHC

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123