The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: No Overdrive

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 48
    You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    was the 400 just to do end clutches? i would rather get a low mileage used tranny for 600 and swap it yourself
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Pay 400 for that side end? Really? Just go to any transmission shop buy the Clutchs I paid 25 bucks for all... I mean ALL my Clutchs and plates for my trans .... And 30 for all the gaskets at my local transmission shop.. My whole transmissions brand new :-)... An here u can get a used transmission with 30day warranty 250 for our cars..... But good things I know how to fix mines saved money

Hi Justin.....

Love that pick down you have in the pics...Wish i was so bold..!! I can pic down my interior /suspension in no time flat yet i have horrors thinking about touching the tranny.

I just wanted to add something to you diagnosis of the OD problems.
    I have a 1996 E54A 6a12 and it mates to the F4a23-2 TRanny. One of the problems that nearly gave my mech permanent whip lash was the 4-2 Bang on the OD not sure if you ever encountered it but it's nasty.

According to you guys in the States the original post has something that i looked up as RunAWAY or Runway...As you said Justin he has burnt clutches and steels from what he's saying.

Justin the Section you have with the Solenoid is the Valve Body and you are right in saying that if you don't know about it..leave it to the pros.

Runway in OD or even 1/2/3 is bad but 4/2 bang is murder. The way it happens is like this....you can simply drive you car 1/2/3 or in D as normal and you are well.

But if your 4th OD drive is compromised like how mines was when i 1st bought my Galant ..pray you seatbelt works.

For i was on the Highway doing 80km Speed limit and i had the OD off and when i turned it on to cruise the car went from 80 in 3rd to 40in 2nd in under 2 secs.
    You can imagine the response on the road and myself.....for days my mechanic drove the car with the OD off and never got it but when we went for a diagnosis test drive i told him to hit the gas moderately and keep the od on...when it hit he screamed...and car was parked same time.

The OD problems is a very serious issue NOT the mess with. If you OD stick get it sorted.

I have a whole history on another forum i will post here god willing the mods allow me.

Lastly as justin said you can replace or rebuild the tranny...i think i will forever choose to rebuild mine.

A rule of thum i used it this You can change the tranny fluid and filter every 2nd Engine oil change. The tranny has not ignition parts to it so it shouldn't be as dirty or black BUT don't slack on it either.

Amore regular change it you long haul or even race the machine.

Hope any little info i put here helps..

6a12
    Life should be like a V6...........No one will know of you until they step on you TOES...

Quote Originally Posted by justin View Post
    Yea........... ?? I'm trying find a 5speed here n ga and have had no luck....
    there is one here in a yunkyard :D

-Mitsubishi Galant LS 1994 a/t [ SOLD ]

is there any way to check the end clutch to see if its bad?? being i already have the trans drained and all the wires disconnected...
    1994 galnt es SOHC

FreshDaily
    I just wanted to update everyone on this topic. I have recently rebuilt my End Clutch as i stated earlier in this thread with the kit i specified. My Over Drive now works and runs like a champ!

Yes I have pics of my rebuild on my trans Ill post up show how o get to ur end clutch. Ur endclutch is located by ur wheel to get to it jack ur car up remover Ur passangernside wheel after that u should see ur transmission... Infront of u is a panel has 4bolts remover those bolts and the end clutch is right behind it but watch out cause that gasket and every thing inside there is very very important dnt damage or get them dirty and when outing it back make sure u dnt strip the bolts or mess that gasket up because it will leak like mines did and ur fuck ur gears and Clutchs up like I did inside the transmission....

is there any way ti test the end clutch other then trying to drive it in d1 thru d4 cuz i dont have any fuid in mine and i have the majority of it diconnected wire wise
    1994 galnt es SOHC

tmain_2319
    when i said 400 thats how much the mechanics wanted to charge me in parts and labor to replace the side/end clutch but i am doing it myself.

so how much should an end clutch cost? and would the parts needed to rebuild an end clutch come in a transmission rebuild kit?
    1994 galnt es SOHC

tmain_2319
    Quote Originally Posted by madbmxer963 View Post
    so how much should an end clutch cost? and would the parts needed to rebuild an end clutch come in a transmission rebuild kit?
    the end clutch cost me about 100$ including shipping.

whered you get it from and how did u find out yours was bad?
    1994 galnt es SOHC

My inside Clutchs cost me 25 for the low and revers for all 6.
    The other sets cost me 25 bucks for all 6 of them
    My end clutch which I show on my thread on how to. Cost me 10bucks...

All from local transmission place... So u wasted ur money... Just saying....

And only way u text ur end clutch out is hook everything up and put fluids in and run it.... Other that taking it off which again I show how to in my thread....

tmain_2319
    Quote Originally Posted by justin View Post
    My inside Clutchs cost me 25 for the low and revers for all 6.
    The other sets cost me 25 bucks for all 6 of them
    My end clutch which I show on my thread on how to. Cost me 10bucks...

All from local transmission place... So u wasted ur money... Just saying....

And only way u text ur end clutch out is hook everything up and put fluids in and run it.... Other that taking it off which again I show how to in my thread....
    i did not waste my money one bit i didn't buy a regular stock part. and in my opinion a little extra money spent on your car is never a waste.

which thread is that?? and okay would i be okay to use the old fluid to test it or should i put new stuff in?
    1994 galnt es SOHC

My thread is in general section... Called how to... I hav pics and stuff.... And yes u did... From the site u posted all u got was regular Clutchs and plates. With what look like a few gaskets and clips.... I dnt see a pressure plate or Disk.... Wasted ur money..... My Clutchs are not stock..... They are from a Transmission Shop here in Georgia specialiZe in drag cars.... All shit u got along with ur Clutchs I got in a gasket packet that has every gasket for our transmissions for 50 bucks... Sry u got shafted ... I've owned and rebuilt that side clutch and transmission for a while...... Things with our transmissions THEY suck.... Seeing I just upgraded to all new longer lasting Clutchs with warrenty of 2yrs I'm good..... Dnt be mad man I'm just stating simple facts and trying to help u... I have 4-5 endclutchs down stairs takn apart.... With all same brown crap clutchs

End clutch scrap yard......

This is a true legit rebuild kit... Buy at local shop 50-70 bucks.. Missing one gasket behind used ^lol....

And this is same clutch u got .... Regular

tmain_2319
    so just replaced the end clutch and overdrive still will not work.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    5 speed swap it and get 2 extra gears :)
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Chris I hate u lol..... When u coming back to GA? And ur over drive doesn't work??? How did u test it out???

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast