The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 96 7g fog lights install

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 31

96 7g fog lights install

so i was looking in a local clasfieds website and found some brand new fogs with switch. i bought them they are glass brand new. my 96 7g already had the cables for them on the front. on the inside when i went to install the switch. i found the plug behind the cover where the switch is supposed to be so i tried to plug the switch butt heres where i need help. the plug and the hole where its supposed to go looks like they should just plug but the switch pins are a bit wider than the wholes on the plug. can i just expand these holes?? or i got the wrong switch?? here are some pics

that plug was there already behind the blank cover.

i got SWITCH,FR F MR201517 Genuine Mitsu
    Last edited by Joker96; 05-17-2011 at 09:37 PM

i have that conector too (in the trunk jaja), but, i decide to conect the fogs to light at the same time as the headlights.

-Mitsubishi Galant LS 1994 a/t [ SOLD ]

i want this to be all stock, i think i got the wrong switch. ive been searchnig that part number and all i get is lancer evo 5 fog switch. so maybe thats why they dont fit. the question is, is the wiring the same? if so i can just make the wholes bigger or just go and get a galant fog switch , which i cant find nowhere.
    Last edited by Joker96; 05-18-2011 at 01:15 AM

u cant find it because only the GS, and the LS, come whit it

my ex galant has that oem :(

yea, i got this switch with the fogs so the guy gave me the wrong switch but i just paid 80 for both fogs brand new oem so cant complain ill try looking in a junker or something see what i can find. if i make it fit, do you think it would work?

Quote Originally Posted by Joker96 View Post
    yea, i got this switch with the fogs so the guy gave me the wrong switch but i just paid 80 for both fogs brand new oem so cant complain ill try looking in a junker or something see what i can find. if i make it fit, do you think it would work?
    it looks like the plugs are a little different so i dont think that switch would work,you can try oemmitsubishiparts.com and see they have it.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    MB869765 is the part number for the switch. 30 bucks new at the dealer. and what fogs did you get?
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

I bought brand new stock oem 7ga glass fog lights.

ok and the switch doesnt work right? i gave the number of the one you need. i just thought if they had the right fogs they would have the right switch.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Lol the thing is the guy that sold me those fogs used to work at a mitsu dealer back in 1999 and he stole them when he got fired. They been siting around ever since. Everything was brand new still in bags and boxes. I think he thought those where the ones that worked with the fogs when he took them. Ill have to buy brand new or ebay used. Thabks for the part number

I wonder if I take out my aftermarket switch and put in an OEM one if it would be as simple as taking the old one apart and putting the wires to the new one. I love the fact that mine is wired up to be on even with the high beams...but I think I would like the OEM switch

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

Dude Evil-G if you figure out how make sure to let me know. I want use the OEM switch but I don't have the wires like some do. And joker let's see some pics of the fogs installed bro.

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    Oh, and sometimes the fat guy can lay the pipe. Just saying.....

every 7g is pre wired. i have yet to see one that isnt. the wires are that and are hard to find at first. with the OEM switch i believe Stunr made a tutorial on how to rewire so they stay on like you have it set up evil.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

Quote Originally Posted by Galanttuner10 View Post
    MB869765 is the part number for the switch. 30 bucks new at the dealer. and what fogs did you get?
    it looks like it is the dimmer switch that is different on the assembly he has so he might be able to just switch out the dimmer switch too.

i think i have a foglight switch down stairs. i will take a pic later of it
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

i think i have a foglight switch down stairs. i will take a pic later of it
    yeah that plug is the dimmer switch plug the fog light switch plug is brown according to this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MITSU...Q5fAccessories

every 7g is pre wired. i have yet to see one that isnt. the wires are that and are hard to find at first. with the OEM switch i believe Stunr made a tutorial on how to rewire so they stay on like you have it set up evil.
    I had my radiator off the other day and looked for a litte while and couldn't find anything. I also looked inside the dash and couldn't find anything. Does the plug run into anything else so I can follow that wire to it?

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    Oh, and sometimes the fat guy can lay the pipe. Just saying.....

my car doesn't have powered mirrors neither fogs but when i removed the whole piece where the dimmer, mirror and fog switches are supposed to be, i found the cables there. ill take a picture of how i found it when i removed it.

this is how i found them

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast