The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 96 7g fog lights install

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 31 of 31
    this is where the cables are coming from

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar

i have 2. are the fogs the right fogs? did that switch work at all?
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

The one i got is not for a g but for a mirage it fits in the housing but the pins are a bit to thick to fit in the holes of the plug. Pins are in the same spot so im thinking in making them fit see if it works if not ill buy one for a g somewhere

tonight i finished my semester in college so i decided to work on that switch. i didnt want to mess up the stock plug and since the guy that sold me the fog lights gave me 2 mirage fog switches i said lets try something. the stock plug has only 4 wires and there are 6 pins in the mirage and original galant switch 2 if those 6 are not used. so i took some wire and ran the pins needed from the pins to the plugs holes and it worked. so i took the switch and broke it in a primeval way very horrible destroyed the switch and took the pins and cut them in half to make em thiner. all this just not to mess the stock plug. the result? it worked. once u see the way i did this it looks horrible from the inside here are some pics
    tha plug i dont want to mess up

how i destroyed the switch to be able to cut the pins so the fit in plugs holes

results

now i noticed something i wasnt expecting maybe its happening because thats not the switch i needed but fogs turn on while on low beam and high beam, not on park lights. is this normal? i thought the should turn off while on high beam.
    Last edited by Joker96; 05-19-2011 at 08:16 PM

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    they should turn off with the high beams on. if you sent me your address i would have mailed you the right switch like i posted earlier as i have 2 extra
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

I thought buying one from u but am from pierto rico and shipping is on the expensive side

Wrong call they do turn off. Is there a way of making them turn on while on park lights?

I'm sorry to open this topic again. I got my fogs and I checked that same place to see if I have the wires and I do but when I went under the car to see where the wires went in order to connect to the fogs, I was unable to find them.

Any help guys? I got the oem switch

I found mine just hanging there below the heads just where they are supposed to be on the bumper :/ ill try to take some pics tomorrow morning

That was what I was expecting. I also have an Explorer and when I added the fogs I just found the cables hanging down.

What I did when got my fogs I just bought a fog kit from autozone and a bigger fuse then ran it off my head lights so when I turn them on power runs to my switch it was easy but difficult to explain lol...... Never had a issue...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12