The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 225/35/20 - 8.5x35mm. Hows the fit for this on 9G? Modication necessary?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 26

225/35/20 - 8.5x35mm. Hows the fit for this on 9G? Modication necessary?

Hello all. I have a 2010 Galant. I checked the thread proper sizing thread, and figured the best tires I should get would be 225/35/20.

I already have the rims, which is a 20" set that I got for a pretty good price and just couldn't turn down. The size is 20x8.5 with an offset of 35mm.

Anyone with some input on if this set-up would fit without rolling fenders, etc, or if they would stick out too far? I had not planned on dropping the car, so I will mention that as well. Depending on what all may need to be done, I want to know if it would be better just to find a rim that is smaller in width or a higher offset.

Should fit nicely on a 9G Galant, have fun!

The only thing you have to worry about, is tire cost and supply. It's an uncommon size, and will probably cost upwards of +$195 a tire for a good brand name tire, like Continental, General, Goodyear, etc.

But I feel the pain on that though, the tires I want for a set of Rotas I want, 255/35 R18, will cost me +$240 a tire. FML. -.-

-Chris-

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L SOHC: "Octavia"
    2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe 2.4L DOHC

Quote Originally Posted by XxGiRLaNT06xX View Post
    From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

Ok...I was a little unsure. Just searching through the forums, I was beginning to think that +35 mm offset might be a little too low or cause rubbing and that a higher offset would have been better. I guess I'll go ahead and see how they fit then, instead of looking to buy others.

The 9G is a fair bit larger than the previous generation Galant. Most 8G Galant owners run into minor rubbing issues when using 8.5" wheels with a +35mm or lower offset. It isn't as much of a worry with 9Gs. As typical, if you lower the vehicle, we'd all still recommend rolling the fender lips, but that would only matter if you lower it. Running at stock height, it shouldn't be any issue at all. Test fit as you may know ensures that your car is ok with the fitment, as each car is slightly different.

Icon10

I have a 19 inch wheel with 35 offset and lowered by 1.75 inch and no rubbing even with 3 adults at the back. No fender rolling. You should be ok with the 20 inch. Unless youlower it by 2 inch or more.

Quote Originally Posted by mboyce84 View Post
    Hello all. I have a 2010 Galant. I checked the thread proper sizing thread, and figured the best tires I should get would be 225/35/20.

I already have the rims, which is a 20" set that I got for a pretty good price and just couldn't turn down. The size is 20x8.5 with an offset of 35mm.

Anyone with some input on if this set-up would fit without rolling fenders, etc, or if they would stick out too far? I had not planned on dropping the car, so I will mention that as well. Depending on what all may need to be done, I want to know if it would be better just to find a rim that is smaller in width or a higher offset.
    It will fit.
    9th Generation Mitsubishi G
    TGC Texas Chapter

Friends don't let friends drive stock. Ever

im currently running 18x8.5 +35 and 245/45/18 with a big drop. you should be fine aslong as you dont drop it
    04 GTS 9G

FoR Sale:
    2004-2006 Fog Lights $50
    shoot me a pm

Just curious, what do the rims look like?

I think wheels like this (just going by their specs) would look sick if the car was bagged. =]

-Chris-

From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by Skyforger View Post
    Just curious, what do the rims look like?

I think wheels like this (just going by their specs) would look sick if the car was bagged. =]

Here are what the rims look like. Chrome. I can't complain since I got the entire set for $250, with the tires. Tires are in bad condition though, so I won't be utilizing them.

Last edited by mboyce84; 05-19-2011 at 12:18 PM

Not a fan of chrome, but I do dig the design.

Now, make it lay frame! :D

-Chris-

Yokohama 225/ZR19 inch tyres selling in Australia around $650 each...yes EACH!

Something about Japan earthquake???

be prepared for price rises guys.

$650 each?! Crap...I'm getting a set of Rota P-45F, 18x9.5 for $450.

-Chris-

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by redblower View Post
    Yokohama 225/ZR19 inch tyres selling in Australia around $650 each...yes EACH!

Something about Japan earthquake???

be prepared for price rises guys.
    Perhaps they are super light weight from all the radioactive decay YO !!!

Finally got it all installed over the weekend. A big step up from the stock look.

Looking good brah!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    Looking good brah!

Thanks, I just really appreciate all the help I find here in the forums. Hopefully, I'll be a Veteran poster as time goes by and helping the newbies one day lol.

they look a lot better on the car than they did in your first pictures. looks real good mang
    04 GTS 9G

FoR Sale:
    2004-2006 Fog Lights $50
    shoot me a pm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast