The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: "Scraping metal" sound

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    Galanttuner

"Scraping metal" sound

I just got my car completely serviced at the dealership and now there is a sound, and it is VERY VERY loud. The sound is coming from the right tire I beleive and when I step out of the car there is a burned smell. It sounds like a peice of metal being scraped on the ashpalt. It starts to it in begining of acceleration then it continues on for the rest of the ride until I stop. My freind said it could be this clip that needs to be tightened near the rotors. Anyone have any ideas?

my suggestion break out the flashlight, get on your hands and knees and start looking around. for like scratches or something touching the ground. if possible, take the wheel off too.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Galant Ryder
    Bring it back to the dealership have them look at it. they should know whats wrong if they caused it.

Galanttuner
    Found it. I took off the tire and rim and noticed when i turned the rotor that the metal peice behind the rotor was scraping the shit out of the rotor...it really was metal scraping.
    Thanks for the help anyways.

IllestGalant
    that is the backing plate, a lot of times people hang the calipers on the
    backing plate when they do brakes because their to lazy to wire tie it to
    the spring, did you just have brakes done at the dealership?

Galanttuner
    yup, at the mitsu dealership...they suck so bad. Freaking hack jobs.
    Yeah, all I did was take a flathead screwdriver and put it between the rotor and the plate and bend the plate back like an inch...no more noise.