The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: what is SRS

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

what is SRS

hey guys i noticed my SRS light keeps lighting up, i was wondering what that ment??
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

thats not good. thats like the supplementary restrain system light aka the air bags. get that check out by the dealer whenever possible. chances are ur airbags aren't gonna deploy prematurely but i wouldn't give that a reason not to visit the dealer since u might get into a situation (god forbid) where u might need em

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

if it stays on its a problem, if it goes on when you start the car and then goes off it is just letting you know that it is active. Not a big deal at all

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

GalantSpeed
    My SRS light came on today after i installed a new stereo, but it doesn't stay on, it lights up when i am driving for like a minute then it goes off for a minute or so and keeps going on and off. could i have done something from installing the stereo? i thought that if it was a major problem then the light would stay on constantly. but it doesn't. it comes and goes...

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GalantSpeed)</div><div class='quotemain'>My SRS light came on today after i installed a new stereo, but it doesn't stay on, it lights up when i am driving for like a minute then it goes off for a minute or so and keeps going on and off. could i have done something from installing the stereo? i thought that if it was a major problem then the light would stay on constantly. but it doesn't. it comes and goes...</div>

Technically its not suposed to come on at all, aside from when u start up your car its on for a sec...so...
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

GalantSpeed
    I talked to a guy who was from an auto electric shop, he told me to check my ground wires, he said if one ground is too close to the SRS module or the ABS module it will cause the light to come on and off. sure enough i checked my grounds and no more light.

The Module is located under your center console / armrest
    You gain knowledge through learning not by increasing your post count...please search

if you dont know what youre doing, do NOT try to diagnose a SRS system by yourself.
    an errant ohmmeter at the wrong terminal WILL set off an airbag.

leave it to someone that knows what theyre doing.