The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 53k mile service suggestions

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

53k mile service suggestions

bout to hit 53k miles what do you guys suggest changing tuning etc to keep car in shape
    9th Generation Mitsubishi G
    TGC Texas Chapter

Friends don't let friends drive stock. Ever

Timing belt, spark plugs, oil (obviously, and oil filter), air filter (if necessary), flush all fluids, brakes, check/clean your battery terminals, clean your door hinges and lube 'em, check the wipers, check treads on your tires, and have your engine steam cleaned... believe it or not its quite helpful later. Every 10-15k miles have your engine and engine compartment cleaned. It's usually around 30-40 bucks at a dealer or detailer. You can try to do it yourself with degreaser and all that but.. hell you're gonna pay 5 bucks for the cleaner and then some rags, etc. Why not spend the money and have somebody who does it every day do it and do it quickly.

Effort and courage are not enough, without purpose and direction.

its funny u said that cause i was tellin my neighbor the same thing the other day, he ws admiring how clean my engine bays was an i started rattlin on about hi-pressure washin under the hood an tryin to get the under carriage as much as u can too, its great advice to pass on especially to people who care about there ride(s)

i got 190k an it bone dry under the hood
    clickity clack & boom in the back , 99 Glant

Quote Originally Posted by tr1kst4nce View Post
    Timing belt, spark plugs, oil (obviously, and oil filter), air filter (if necessary), flush all fluids, brakes, check/clean your battery terminals, clean your door hinges and lube 'em, check the wipers, check treads on your tires, and have your engine steam cleaned... believe it or not its quite helpful later. Every 10-15k miles have your engine and engine compartment cleaned. It's usually around 30-40 bucks at a dealer or detailer. You can try to do it yourself with degreaser and all that but.. hell you're gonna pay 5 bucks for the cleaner and then some rags, etc. Why not spend the money and have somebody who does it every day do it and do it quickly.
    Lol all sounds good and expensive :-D. Estimated cost?
    9th Generation Mitsubishi G
    TGC Texas Chapter

Friends don't let friends drive stock. Ever

Depends on if you're going to do it yourself or have a shop do it lol

FYI... if you go to a dealer for the 60k service, it runs you about a grand. They do the timing belt, tune up, spark plugs, oil change, flush fluids, and then they do a 28 point inspection. It's about 500 for the timing belt, and 500 for the rest. Brakes run about 250 front and rear.