The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Installing Fog Lights After DRLs Disabled

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

Installing Fog Lights After DRLs Disabled

After installing 10k HIDs, I disabled the DRL control in the ECU so they didn't run all day long. Since my 2009 did not come with Fog Lights, I am planning on adding them (whether it be OEM or aftermarket - haven't decided). If the DRLs are disabled and I install Fog Lights whether at a dealer, at a buddy's garage, or myself, will it matter that the DRL control is diabled? I don't want to screw up my ECU/wiring just to add Fog Lights.. THANKS!

no it is running on a separate switch
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

So it should be literally just plug and play? No worries about having the drl problem and there should be just a switch for the fog lights? Or does it run by the headlight switch?

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    yes

arent all the galants pre wired also? just need to buy the fog lights and the switch no?
    04 GTS 9G

FoR Sale:
    2004-2006 Fog Lights $50
    shoot me a pm

All 9g's to my knowledge are pre-wired yes just need the switch and the lights themselves obviously. Might wanna double check the fuse too. I was never fond of the stock light housings so I bought some projectors and did a retro fit and then hooked up some HID's in them to a toggle switch.

Effort and courage are not enough, without purpose and direction.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    oh, for oem, you also need a relay.

It is easily added on, no worries.
    9th Generation Mitsubishi G
    TGC Texas Chapter

Friends don't let friends drive stock. Ever

It's a pretty easy job. Hardest part is deciding where you want to run the wires to hide them.

Effort and courage are not enough, without purpose and direction.

DjFlav3
    Sry for the n00b question, but I'm looking to run the oem fogs as well, so my question is ; what exactly is meant by all 9g's being "pre wired" ?

after almost 2 months, i have bought some OEM fogs from the dealer that came with the housings and bulbs and relay. seeing that the galants are all pre-wired for fog lights and the inside dash switch, seems like all i need to do is plug them in after replacing the stock dummy fog light covers.

only question is the relay that came with the kit goes in the ECU box where the fogs were disabled by bending the pin. will this have any effect on the drls, the fogs, the headlights, or the ECU?

huh?
    04 GTS 9G

FoR Sale:
    2004-2006 Fog Lights $50
    shoot me a pm