The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: The Hacks G-Low

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 63
    Quote Originally Posted by 6g72lover View Post
    you talk spanish ?
    No but I have my ways.
    50...Really?

You know i have thought about bagging my g also but decieded against it due to my plans of it being sporty, not show piece. But i am still digging the idea nice work hope. You are able to drop the front more it'll look hot when your done.

let me kno how u like the ride i kno a few people on this site that have bags too a texas member for one he got his very low u should talk to him for ideas but i plan on bagging mine real soon...how much did it run u if u dont mind me asking

Welcome to TGC, looks great, keep up the good work
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

Experienced TGC Member 99galantES's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 6g72lover View Post
    you talk spanish ?
    Bruto lol

«Carlos»

Quote Originally Posted by Fresh_617 View Post
    let me kno how u like the ride i kno a few people on this site that have bags too a texas member for one he got his very low u should talk to him for ideas but i plan on bagging mine real soon...how much did it run u if u dont mind me asking

I would like to know who it was so I can get some ideas. I am going to move the front upper strut mounts on top of the tower and that should get me another 1/2 to 3/4 inch drop. I would like to know what he did though.

This kit will be around 2500 not including labor when its in. Not including anything I had to modify or fabricate to make it work.
    50...Really?

I got the front to come down another inch. I could prob still get it lower but the G has some short ass shocks up front so it takes some work. I have been chasing air leaks for 2 days and I almost got em. One more to fix and Im good. Finally got it out of the shop and cleaned up. Getting the alignment done tomorrow.

Here's how it sits now aired out.

This is prob going to be ride height. Maybe a little lower. We will see when I get the alignment.

50...Really?

Lookin' good fam!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

looks better now

«Carlos»

Experienced TGC Member Rach3T8G's Avatar
    Looks really good!
    - Chris -
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT: My DD
    2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Looks good, but to me the style of wheel doesnt match up with the suspension setup. Thats a tuner/racing style wheel, and you have air suspension which would be more along the lines of a luxury or VIP style wheel...
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Thanks guys! I drove it home today and I cant be happier with the air ride. I never liked the way the car felt with the Eibach's and KYB's. It always felt like the front end weighed a ton. Now it is so much more firm, the ride is awesome and it looks badass!

I still have some slow leaks to track down then on with the body and paint. I will keep you guys updated.
    50...Really?

Man its been 4 ever since I posted because I couldn't find the forum lol. Anyway I will be tearing it apart for an all over paint job soon and will keep the updates coming.

Thinking about losing the air ride susp. Anyone have idea's for a coilover setup. I have my old KYB's and Eibachs. May just put them back in for now.
    50...Really?

BC racing coils are great, plus they make an extreme drop kit that goes lower than the standard kit.

Are those factory mud/splash guards? I don't think I've ever seen a galant in person with em.

Quote Originally Posted by mrg7243 View Post
    BC racing coils are great, plus they make an extreme drop kit that goes lower than the standard kit.
    Do they really?

«Carlos»

That is low. You be hitting -4° camber in rear.

Quote Originally Posted by 99galantES View Post
    Do they really?
    Yeap

Quote Originally Posted by mrg7243 View Post
    They look nice. I will have to sell the air ride setup to afford a set but that is def the way I want to go. Would rather do a coil over than the KYB and spring set I had before.

Quote Originally Posted by 8thLS6 View Post
    Are those factory mud/splash guards? I don't think I've ever seen a galant in person with em.
    Yup. I bought a set of the little stone guards to put on there too. Will be doing them after I paint the car. Should be getting started on it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    That is low. You be hitting -4° camber in rear.
    Prob. They camber in big time when its all the way down. Not sure of the spec. The tire rubs something when I air it down cause I can smell burnt rubber when I do. Havnt looked to see what its actually hitting though. Clears the quarter panels though.
    50...Really?

The Hack@
    Yo bro, how much does that Air Unit thinghy unit cost?.

I like your ride and how it drops...coolness factor to the max!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast