Thread: The Hacks G-Low

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 63
    Quote Originally Posted by 99galantES View Post
    Bruto lol
    Joder yo si hablo español haha

Quote Originally Posted by gian7675 View Post
    The Hack@
    Yo bro, how much does that Air Unit thinghy unit cost?.

I like your ride and how it drops...coolness factor to the max!
    It was alot. I dont even want to add it up. You could buy 2 sets of coilovers for the price of an air setup. Its alot of fun though, rides great, and looks awesome when on the ground.

I just ordered 2" shorter front struts for it. Going to swap the bags over to those so the front will go lower. Should ride better too! Will post some pics when they are on. Should be here in about a week.

Then its teardown for paint
    50...Really?

mad props for bagging the G, not that many around anymore

This needs pics now. LoL.

looking dam good bro let me know if you find out a way to make the front tuck more ...... im on bags too and cant get down any lower front or back and its annoying i want to lay out!

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ricky_db View Post
    looking dam good bro let me know if you find out a way to make the front tuck more ...... im on bags too and cant get down any lower front or back and its annoying i want to lay out!
    Have you talked to VIPTint? He knows alot about getting our G's low too...
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Thanks guys. Shorter front struts should be here Monday! I want to see tucked rim in the front like the rear! Im psyched so will stay late at the shop and get them in tomorrow night! Will still need another alignment but want to see how low its going to go. WIll def post a pic when they're in!

Here is how it sits now aired out.

50...Really?

Not bad at all.

Gonna change it up on the outside?

-Chris-

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L SOHC: "Octavia"
    2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe 2.4L DOHC

Quote Originally Posted by XxGiRLaNT06xX View Post
    From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

Loving the amount of low.

Well I finally installed the shorter front struts last night and it did the trick! Almost touching mudflpas on the ground. I ran out of thread sealant so I have some leaks to fix but at least they are in. Here are some pics.

Then me and a friend went to town tearing it apart for paint! Yay Finally! We started block sanding the car to get rid of the wobbles and dings. Also cut up the front bumper and started getting it sanded down for priming. Prob going to be a month before she is done but just wait...The G is going to be Badass!

I will keep you posted!
    50...Really?

What color do you plan on? It looks to be a nicely done project so far.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

Quote Originally Posted by M-Rod View Post
    What color do you plan on? It looks to be a nicely done project so far.

Thanks bud! I love the Barcelona Red Pearl thats on it now and they only did this color for 1999 so im going to keep it. Just a respray.
    50...Really?

that's good cuts down on paint and u don't really need to get the door jams

Looking good so far! Quick question, do you notice any crazy vibrations from lowering it? I've heard the V6's vibrate like crazy when you drop them.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Experienced TGC Member 99galantES's Avatar
    Looking good like the tucking you should def get some nice wheels like ricky

«Carlos»

Quote Originally Posted by gian7675 View Post
    The Hack@
    Yo bro, how much does that Air Unit thinghy unit cost?.
    idk about that one he has in particular but about 3000 for a good one 250 for mid grade and about 1700 for garbage lol
    I like your ride and how it drops...coolness factor to the max!
    Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    Looking good so far! Quick question, do you notice any crazy vibrations from lowering it? I've heard the V6's vibrate like crazy when you drop them.

i didnt have any with my red 8G which was a v6. :( i miss my v6 :

she looks alot better now but quick request could you take a pic of your front shock so i can see what type of bag configuration you have up front

it took me 3 air bags to get my front that low and still be able to drive her

you could also get more low if you relocate the fuse box and get to hacking under there maybe a 1/2 inch to 2/4 inches lower on those 18s

good job on getting the offset right aswell nice work man!
    (

I had some vibration and it went away when I replaced the front axles. They didnt have split boots but they had over 100k on them and I couldnt see any other reason for the vibration. Glad it worked.

Ricky I will get a pic of the front bag with the wheel off. I think im going to stay with this set up but my tire is barely rubbing the lower bag bracket now so Im going to need a 1/4 spacer up front to clear it. Then Im going to have to roll/flare the fender a tad to keep the tire from munching when I drop it.

Thanks for the good words guys. Cant wait to get it finished up. Its going to be a while...Im a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to body and paint so Im going to take my time and make it as clean as I can.
    50...Really?

Quote Originally Posted by The Hack View Post
    I had some vibration and it went away when I replaced the front axles. They didnt have split boots but they had over 100k on them and I couldnt see any other reason for the vibration. Glad it worked.

Ricky I will get a pic of the front bag with the wheel off. I think im going to stay with this set up but my tire is barely rubbing the lower bag bracket now so Im going to need a 1/4 spacer up front to clear it. Then Im going to have to roll/flare the fender a tad to keep the tire from munching when I drop it.

Thanks for the good words guys. Cant wait to get it finished up. Its going to be a while...Im a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to body and paint so Im going to take my time and make it as clean as I can.

ok thanks man

but im sure that if you need a spacer to clear the bottom of your bag bracket on 18s with a what 225 series tire tried those shocks without modding them some more

and im the same way ive been wet sanding all morning trying to get this car smooth

Experienced TGC Member
    what front struts did you use ,have mine on baggs too but can only get it to go down so far,would love to see mine that low.would appriciate any info thank...

any updates?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast