The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: evo rims

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

evo rims

would a evo wheel mr bbs 17 x 8 -et38- bridgestone re-01r 245/40/17 tires would fit the 7g perfectly with no rubs

yes but you need to do 5 lug swap first
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

i got the 5 lugs swap already jus need to install it so its a perfect fit with no fender rolling and spacers?

yeap

Build Thread

*cough* LOOK AT HIS SIG! *cough*

lol

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

Actually, it can rub in a couple places but I haven't had those be the fenders. I'm running 245/40/17 Kumho SPT tires.

The tires can rub on the chassis when you're at full lock up front. I've noticed some clean spots where mine have rubbed. It is pretty minor but the degree of rubbing will depend on your tires. It is something to watch for.

They will also rub against a spot where the rear bumper bolts to the chassis inside the fender well. Mine only does this when I hit a big bump or I'm going into my very steep driveway at an odd angle. I've done a little grinding but it still happens. It leaves score marks in the tires. A narrower tire (235/225) probably wouldn't have that problem.

EDIT: I'm also at something close to stock ride height. If you are lowered significantly you may get fun new interference points. When they first go on listen for rubbing and check your tires for marks often.
    Last edited by eclipsh; 05-23-2011 at 07:55 AM
    - Nick, 94 Galant ES - 4G64 DOHC Turbo AWD, E3-16G & Manifold, 780cc inj, fmic, DS-MAP Speed Density

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge..." - Charles Darwin

cough what where you saying lol...... thx ill probably try out the 235 and see how it is

if car is not too low or lowered what so ever, it wont rub at all. but its all up to the tires. i had 225/50/17 and it rubbed in the back, cuz the car was too low and the tires had extra thick sidewall

Build Thread

For owed cars the tire matters I have been thru so many trials.. With 17x7.5 widest I ever went was 215. An tallest was 50series and it scrubbed on stock springs.. On my 17x7.5 et(+)40 I ran 205/40s or45 or 215. No wider or taller... Now I have 205/40/17 on my front which are now 17x8 et(+)25 which dnt rub at all and my rear are 215/40/17 on 17x9 et(+)20 and it rubs on the tab where the bumper latchs on the quarter pannel... I had to roll my fender well and break the tab off and rig up a new holding system...