The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Fresh 8G Build (pic heavy)

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 121

Fresh 8G Build (pic heavy)

Ok very pissed because this is the 3rd time trying to write this but hey 3rd times a charm. First time my brower randomly closed and the 2nd time I accidently clicked the back button SO this time im writing it in notepad n jus copy n paste it over lmao

Ive been around here awhile but never really wanted to create a build thread, I guess just too lazy.
    But as im making more then just small mods here and there to my car i believe that a build thread would be not only the best way to track my progress but seek out help when problems occur and hear peoples ideas and advice

I do consider my car to be a show car
    ive won a few trophies, its not easy goin up against the big bad evos and souped up eclipses/3000GT's but im doin my best to hold my own

im 21 years old so if u notice i take the cheap way out of things alot dont hold it against me im young broke n cheap lmao
    i spend most of my time either on craigslist or ebay lookin for a good deal on something for my car or something i can buy cheap and sell for more like cell phones lol

2003 Dover Pearl White 2.4l Galant Es

This is my 2nd galant my first was a 99 that my brother totaled one day

my car has been sitting since december 31 2010 due to my own recklessness (not sure if thats a word) but since its been sitting so long of course i took it apart BUT due to my own carelessness (not sure if its a word) lost a few minor peices like bolts and spark plug off the top of my head
    needless to say the car doesnt run and hasnt ran in about 2 months
    Im hoping to bring my car back out very soon
    my orignal plan was to bring the car out a month ago but due to problems with my license, money, and lack of parts that idea got cut my new goal is to have my car done by june 6 a unrealistic goal im aware of but a goal none the less

Current Mods/Future Mods for this season as the car sits now

Key: O=Own
    W=Want
    I=Installed

[O] Jdm Heads
    [O] New Style Bumper w/fogs & that little middle peice @ the bottom that for some reason no one has?
    [O] Jdm Rear bumper/ ext replica from cali
    [W] Jdm Side Skirts
    [W] Liberal Grill
    [W] Jdm folding Mirrors
    [W] Egr visor
    [W] 3rd Gen Tails
    [W] Jdm Oem Factory Rain Gaurds
    [W] Side Markers
    [W] Fender Flares
    [W] Custom Interior (nothing fancy yet but at least black leather for now)
    [I] Kenwood KVT-516
    [I] Grey leather seats/door panels w/ factory carbon fiber trim (listing because car came with cloth)
    [I/O] Headrest Tvs (I say I/O becuse im not sure if im going to keep them in due to the fact that they are black and my seats are grey)
    [O] Sunvisor Tvs (one screen is darker but it was a craigslist pick up so im not too surprised)
    [O] 1 sony explode 12' sub 2 kicker crv subs 12" 2 random brand 12's kicker 300W amp (most likely going with the kickers this season but with a stronger amp)
    [I/O] A pilar Gauges (I/O because im going to take them out)
    [I] 2 back doors rewraped in black leather (not to good of a job tho DIY job)
    [I] Roof Spray Painted Black (not a bad look considering its spray paint)
    [I] Other random things spray painted
    [I] Short ram intake
    [I] Valve Cover Painted Red
    [I] 20" Chrome Rims
    [I] Color Matched Ebay Roof Visor
    [I] Color Matched Autozone Rain Gaurds
    [I] Yellow Top Battery
    [I] Flip Flop Trunk mod
    [O] Police Grade Strobe Lights
    [I] 20% tint installed except for front 2 (state trooper made me take off)

Even Father Future mods/ ideas (not for sure but maybe
    carbon fiber hood/grill/trunk/egr visor/some type of either black or carbon fiber overlay for roof
    Air Ride
    Lambo Front Doors Suicide rear Doors
    Shaved Door Handels
    Type R or Type X Subs
    5 Speed
    Turbo
    Evo Head Swap
    Wire Tuck
    air brushing
    or paint change to a exotic looking color like the new blue 2011 mitsubishi rvr or like a orange color

heres some pics in a non formal way ill post pics as i find them n try to put them in somewhat chronological order but everything new that is done will be in order lol

about 2 months after i got the car after i first got the car changed donuts for diamante rims i think? fresh paint job due to someone "t-bone" me a week after i got the car (i just put my hids in the heads/fogs just a few hours before smh)

After the drop w/ the tein springs

When I earned my front sticker

my car 2 seasons ago with the 3rd set of rims at my first show

the night i test fitted my 20s new years eve i believe

='( new years day (luckly the tow truck driver was a fan of the club gave me a big break)

Back Out

pulled over on the highway to take this lol

nice parking lot pic

bored lol

FTW

random shot

Car Shows

me lmao

photoshoot for rix mag

Outside my crib when i earned my back sticker

about a month after i put it away my first mod since it got put away yellow fogs

strobe light test

when i first got my jdm heads

around april

As Of 5/21/11 test fitting the new bumper

Thanks Guys For lookin please any input advice let me know and from the members from mass let me kno how u feel since none of yall saw my car in person except for Argel(zobgel)

i learned mostly everything i know from this site n i love my car so thanks again guys
    Last edited by Fresh_617; 10-25-2014 at 08:13 AM

Car looks clean. It's going to look real good with that bumper painted.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

thanks bro

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    I see you've put in alot of work, props to you for that. Looks good, but couple things I would change if it were me...
    -The rims dont do the car justice IMO. 20's are cool, just not those. No offense but they look kinda cheap.
    -Rain/Wind Visors are cool, but not colormatched
    -Lose the SunVisor TV's, those look tacky

If the visor TV's looked more OEM, it would be better, but you've already got a TV in the dash, its just too redundant.

You've got potential here for a really nice G, drop looks good, paint looks good, JDM Front end, etc. Just needs a lil fine tuning.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Car is fresh, dawg, wanna see the new style painted up!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Some of the stuff on the car is just not my style but its not my car. I will have to say that even though I dont like some of the things the car looks great. Keep up the good work.

The key to Immortality is first living a life worth remembering.

looks nice. That bumper is really gonna set it off. I want the new style bumper on next G along with the vogue lip. Either that or the VRG lip alone. R u doing anything to the exhaust?

looks good. keep it up.
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

Thanks everybody

Quote Originally Posted by G-code88 View Post
    looks nice. That bumper is really gonna set it off. I want the new style bumper on next G along with the vogue lip. Either that or the VRG lip alone. R u doing anything to the exhaust?
    yea i want the vogue lip but i dont really like the little gap between the lip and the bumper itself when looking at it from the front, but as far as exhaust i do want to add something nice but nothing that loud either i want to fill out the space that is their from the rear bumper from cali

tiny update nothing too serious i went to where my car was being stored but i was in my clean clothes so i really wasnt trynna touch my car but hey...
    these pics are how my headlights sit now wonderin if anybody can throw some ideas on how to make them fit better or if better pics are needed let me know what kinds to shoot n ill get on it next time i go down there

also this was given to me by my boy about 2 years ago i was wonderin if this would even fit the car?? he had a 3g eclipse n he said he thinks it fit his car lol it was free so who can argue with that =)

anybody kno if it would fit?
    Last edited by Fresh_617; 06-12-2011 at 07:44 PM

Experienced TGC Member 99galantES's Avatar
    You need a lot of cutting to do

«Carlos»

Not bad...but as said, those wheels really don't suit the car at all. With that color, THESE would be tits:

They don't make them in 20"s, but they'll be less strenuous on the trans, ball joints, tie rods axles, as they're fairly lightweight.

Just curious, you clear the stock headlights themselves? Or buy those like that?

-Chris-

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L SOHC: "Octavia"
    2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe 2.4L DOHC

Quote Originally Posted by XxGiRLaNT06xX View Post
    From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by Skyforger View Post
    Just curious, you clear the stock headlights themselves? Or buy those like that?
    i did it myself it took awhile but yeah i did it lol

Quote Originally Posted by Fresh_617 View Post
    i did it myself it took awhile but yeah i did it lol
    Hrmmm, still have them?

-Chris-

From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

yea i do they sittin in my trunk right now lol

Quote Originally Posted by Fresh_617 View Post
    yea i do they sittin in my trunk right now lol
    You have a PM, sir.

-Chris-

just wondering but how simalar are these to the sides that cali offers??

http://www.ilovebodykits.com/product...ts__Pair_.html

well its been awhile alot of progress done i suppose
    still having some problems with the fiberglass pieces tho, feel like i should have just waited til i found oem but i settled for the replica and now i guess im paying for it

the ext

as you can see they are to short and small compared to the oem that i compared to thanks to argel

as far as the bumper its oddly shaped which surprised me bcuz keith had good things to say about the fiberglass replica but idk mine doesnt seem right at all

i mean im not a body man or anything but i dont think that is direct fit
    at first i thought it was due to the 02-03 rear impact bar but i removed it entirely and it still doesnt line up to the rest of the car

the liberal grill seems to be off as well but ive been so busy i havent gotten a chance to take pics
    also having problems with the fog lights i guess the mounting tabs got broken off? but they dont stay in place in the bumper and the brackets wont go on them due to the missing tab....figuring out what to do next...

in other news tho lol

heads are flush and 3g strut bar installed

figured id give these a try since they were about a buck on ebay

and picked these up for 85 shipped brand new but didnt come with bulbs or harness so now im running around trying to find that stuff but doesnt really matter cuz i dont intend on installing tails until i figure out the bumper

Last edited by Fresh_617; 08-23-2011 at 11:38 PM Reason: left someting out

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

Bro I don't have any of these bumpers or extensions but something tells me you need to remove the black plastic cover where the rear extensions go, that why there are gaps and that look to be why it seems short, its shown on this pic

Nice progress, and damn what a deal on those tails.
    Last edited by OMEGA PHX; 08-23-2011 at 11:57 PM

4g64T 5spd

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast