The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Fresh 8G Build (pic heavy)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 121
    LOL thats the samething that cali said but i did remove the black things its just that the gap is so huge it creates a shadow to make it seem like the black rock guard is still there but it is removed

The black plastic from the fender was removed, I was there when he tried to install the fiberglass extension and they are to short and huge gap from the fender. Same as the fiberglass rear bumper it does not line up on the car. We tried my JDM extension on his car and they fit perfect. Not sure yet if I'm going to install the JDM extension on my car or not.

TURBO= in the making.......

Experienced TGC Member 99galantES's Avatar
    The rear bumper has to go over the two metal brackets that are on both sides with two holes in them but I think once you bolt up the bumpers most gaps will be gone this is why I went with oem habe a body shop fix it

«Carlos»

Where did you get your stuff from?

He got them from cali

«Carlos»

I did quite a bit of body work for the rear bumper to fit and line up, and I did have to add to the rear extensions also. And since its fiberglass, when you bolt up the bumper don't tighten it hard core, just enough to make it stay secure and survive a good hip thrust into it lol

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Thats weird I thought Cali's products were direct fit

lol i did as well i spent more then 800 and now it seems like im going to have to spend more to get it modded to fit the car lessoned learned but i got the side skirts from cali today it seems like they will fit directly but i havent test fitted them yet i hope for the best with them im trying very hard to get it done by my deadline of sept 9 ive made great progress tho next step tomorrow is to rip the dash out to make it black

paint has been put on hold due to hurricane and will be started up tomorrow

in the mean time tho....pics of the grill when i gave it to the painted he put it on the car and said "hell no is this even made for the car" lol then i pulled up the trusty tgc and showed him a few pics and he said maybe the fiberglass mold is off cuz it doesnt seem to fit at all like the others

Not too sure how to give it that flush look i think its just off like the bumper was hopefully the body shop can make use of it tho

In other news tho the side skirts seem to fit perfect during the test fit except for near the wheel well doesnt seem to look right but ehh idk lol...any ideas?

and these came in the mail few days ago...

Dude nothing seems to fit right lol but remember everything was molded off the jdm parts which don't also fit directly I mean I had no issues like yours

«Carlos»

lol for realll urs looked like everything just bolted on haha this guy is a problem when it comes to body work tho lets hope he can make magic !

I know I hope everything comes together can't wait to see it done

«Carlos»

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 99galantES View Post
    Dude nothing seems to fit right lol but remember everything was molded off the jdm parts which don't also fit directly I mean I had no issues like yours

the side skirts Cali made were molded off the modified jdm skirts so it should be a direct fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominicano View Post
    the side skirts Cali made were molded off the modified jdm skirts so it should be a direct fit.
    yeah those seem to fit pretty well the body guy just threw it on there to see how it looked he didnt take the rock gaurd off the front or nothing so thats most likely why it looks a little off im very pleased about the sideskirts

I know the skirts were but I was referring to the bumpers and grille

«Carlos»

yea it sucks and i was contacting him but now im not getting answer back -___- lol so i jus spent 800+ on parts that partly fit smh no refund no help n more money i have to spend to make it right ugh fml lol

Great progress...wish I could be starting a VR4 facelift soon.

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    Great progress...wish I could be starting a VR4 facelift soon.
    thanks bro

update

the guy had to break the bumper down at both ends and remake it to fit along with the ext you can see where he added to them to make it look like it belongs there

looks good man. Just a heads up though, anything made from fiberglass will fit, but it won't be a direct fit as like a factory part. To many issues and what not from mold makings and actually producing the product. I had minor issues with my items from Cali but A. Everything was molded from JDM parts. B. Its fiberglass so you can't expect perfect corners and curves, thats what fine body filler is for, and body shops. C. Fiber glass also shrinks when it dries in large quantities, and twists from its own curing heat. I had twists, bends, caved in parts and what not on all my stuff, but with a little work and time. It will look good man trust me. Looking good, keep it up.

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast