The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Fresh 8G Build (pic heavy)

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Showing results 61 to 80 of 121
    Experienced TGC Member Rach3T8G's Avatar
    Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Guzm4n View Post
    Congrats man, are those zobgel's old wheels?
    Sure does look like it
    - Chris -
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT: My DD
    2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT

It certainly lives up to the "fresh" name! Very dope!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

i have a very big problem thats driving me crazy at the moment for some reason my coil packs keep melting i have no idea whats causing it i changed everything and its still happening has this ever happend to anyone? i checked to make sure everything is connected tight everything is grounded correct but they still keep melting this happend for the first time since i took my valve cover off to paint it and ever since then it keeps melting

TTT
    trying to get this thing solved so i can drive any ideas at all?
    never seen this before never happend to me before i took the cover off im not sure if i damaged something during removal or reinstall?

Are the spark plugs in? HAHa sorry had to ask, I would say make sure the threads are clean for best contact, but other than that I really have no idear

Quote Originally Posted by mrg7243 View Post
    Are the spark plugs in? HAHa sorry had to ask, I would say make sure the threads are clean for best contact, but other than that I really have no idear
    yeah checked them and changed them just in case

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    When you painted your valve cover, did you re-use the same valve cover gasket or did you buy a new set?
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    When you painted your valve cover, did you re-use the same valve cover gasket or did you buy a new set?
    same one i taken it off n painted it a few diffrent times without changing it...u think that might be the cause of it?

in other news along with the coil issues my radadior is cracked are there any diffrences between the 99-01 and 02-03 because it seems like there is 100 dollar change between the 2 =/

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

Not so long ago there was someone with coilpack problems, he connected them wrong, are you sure yours are connected and placed where they should?

And for the rad I'm not sure, so maybe go to rockauto and check if the part #'s match or call some local auto parts stores.

4g64T 5spd

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fresh_617 View Post
    same one i taken it off n painted it a few diffrent times without changing it...u think that might be the cause of it?
    Good chance it could be if you've never changed it or haven't changed it in a while. Try that (get the while kit) and change your spark plugs if they're old. Process of elimination is the best way to fix issues like these...
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

as weird as it might sound i think the problems fixed themselves lol

i noticed the ground for the neg wire was painted over, the hole i should say, so i removed the paint wit wire to expose the metal and now it doesnt seem to melt the packs anymore i drove for a hour - 2 hours straight no melting coils so very pleased with that

as far as the rad strangely enough i forgot about it being so focused on the coil packs n by the time i realized it i had already been driving for awhile no problems no over heating nothing...there still is a very long hairline crack along the top of the rad but it doesnt seem to be affecting it anymore, i threw some jb weld on it but when the problem was at its peak the fluid came right out the crack thru the jb weld like it wasnt even there so im not sure what to think im happy now lol i still plan on getting a new rad still tho cuz it doesnt look to pretty to have a show car with a crack/gunk all over a noticeable part of the engine bay...jus need to find one under 200$

also i am now looking to see the next step with this car im not to sure what i want to do with it being money is so very short but im still looking for ideas i for sure want to lower it much lower but im looking for mods cheap but effective i was thinking maybe a wire tuck? no idea tho jus thinking out loud

I like all this hard work you put into this thing. Taking some ideas off this thread. Check out my G

WELL havent updated this in awhile but i am in the process of getting ready for the 2013 season i will be updating more often (if anybody cares? lol) looking to buy a few things as well as sell a few things possibly as well. here is a pic from the last show i went to last season i am trying to do a 180 on it tho for 2013

few highlights from 2012
    photoshoot

import evolution

best in class at world of wheels

one side of my room lol excuse the tilted lamp

with that being said heres some photos from today. took her out to get some air after she been sitting for a couple months...kinda dusty wish i had a cover...

ON TO THE MODS
    The wheels are auto couture supreme, not what i wanted, i wanted to stay in the wedsport brand and get some LXZ but my budget cant swing brand new this season so im doing what i can lol but these wheels are a legit jap 3pc wheel and i got them for a STEAL so im not really complaining. im going VIP so im trying to make it fit, clearly its TOO wide lol. also in the front they scrape my brembo by like a forth of a pinky. was thinkin maybe a spacer could help that out? heres a pic of it on the back in the pic the car is still jacked up cuz i was just about maxed out on my coils when i had my 18s the

not clearing the brakes the card can fit ALMOST all the way but gets caught in between the wheel and brake

looks like id need extended lugs?? not to sure

in the pic the car is jacked up cuz i was pretty low on my 18s so when i lowered the car the fender went too low on the tire lol
    WIDEEEEE clearly will need a roll and pull hopefully that will be enough cuz i cant really afford massive body work to make these sit flush. also wanted to camber it out i looked on here for the home made camber ect but i didnt wanna revive a 5 year thread so i figure id jus ask here. it looks like that method is only used for corrective camber if im correct that means i couldnt really get and aggressive neg camber. i dont want to force it but i would like the wheel to tilt enough so that after a roll and pull the fender will be touching the lip of the wheel when i slam it to the ground (will be on air ride by 2013)

ALSO i am looking for anything wood grain for the interior and the nardi jdm black steering wheel along with a few more things more will be posted on the WTB section when i have a chance
    ALSO not 100% yet but so just testing waters now but might be selling my wedsport sa-70, my jdm heads (looking for the glass ones now), lightdepot 3rd gen tails got them from ebay for dirt cheap shoulda known why didnt kno they were depot til they got to me lol (these are reps and they dont work with the bulbs for the jdm harness too lazy to find bulbs that do fit honestly lol rather just sell and get the real tails)
    my evo 9 steering wheel
    my brembro brakes
    my 02-03 tails and my usdm heads
    custom trunk set up fits right in with amp space under 10" sub (can include amp)
    a few more things cant think yet but this is just testing waters of course i will post in the f/s section wit pics and the paper wit my name on it thats just to see if anybody would be intrested in the stuff at all

any comments thoughts anything appreciated sorry my thoughts are all jumbled i just think and type lol. thanks in advance guys
    Last edited by Fresh_617; 12-15-2012 at 06:33 PM

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

You can give it get more negative camber on the rear with the ingalls kit that comes with the brackets, greddy would know more about getting more camber

4g64T 5spd

you'll need the ingalls kit without any of the spacers on it, I also have a set of rear camber arms made by AMR that you can use to increase camber.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Quote Originally Posted by greddy View Post
    you'll need the ingalls kit without any of the spacers on it, I also have a set of rear camber arms made by AMR that you can use to increase camber.
    cool i think thats what i was looking for thanks is there anything around that i can search for to see how it works i have no idea how camber works yet besides from the fact makes ur wheel lean in or out lol would 3 degrees be enough to make it sit in the well or would i need to go more neg?

Experienced TGC Member 99galantES's Avatar
    Damn lol how wide are they? But weds do make some nice wheels I was thinking of selling mine I never knew you was on bags

«Carlos»

Quote Originally Posted by 99galantES View Post
    Damn lol how wide are they? But weds do make some nice wheels I was thinking of selling mine I never knew you was on bags

i think they 10.5? cant remember lol im not bagged yet getting the last soon trynna figure out if i should use a bag or sleeve on the rear cuz there really isnt alot of room to work with back there besides that scared of rubbing thru a bag when the wide wheel is on tilt lol i got all the basic needs just waiting for the air management install should be done early jan after i finish the research

badass 8g man love the color combo!! great work!!
    STAY READY AND YOU WONT HAVE TO GET READY!!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast