The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: No Fire

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18

No Fire

Well let me start off by saying that i had a blown head gasket, which i replace by following the haynes manual to the t. ok now i have another problem i'm not getting any fire from my coils, therefore my car won't crank. i've replaced the crankshift sensor but still no luck, i just need to be aimed in the right direction i've been clueless for quite some time

Wish I could see whats going on it might help some or might not.

Check the cam shaft sensors?

how would i be able to test the cam sensor and what else could cause no coils to fire because i think that's where my problem is

If earlier the engine worked well, I think you did not connect a connector. First - check all connections. Not yet realized the model of your engine. This is a photo of the ignition system 6-cylinder engine, but if you have a 4 cylinder, the scheme is the same, only the ignition coils 2 (Sorry inscription in Russian.) You must check the voltage at the ignition coils (+12V) pin PWR. Then check the "ground" pin E1. Then the signal IGCL. If there is no signal IGCL, it is necessary to check sensor crankshaft and camshaft sensor. To check the sensors you need oscilloscope. First, check the voltage on the coil of ignition.
    Turbo - it is a snail, but the bitch is very fast.

alright i'm getting voltage from the wires connecting to my coils so what would be the next step?

you removed the head? did you leave the spark plugs in out did you take them out? Did you put them back it? Sounds dumb but I've done it, just got to busy and forgot lol, but I put the boots in...

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Quote Originally Posted by Waka Flocka Eric View Post
    how would i be able to test the cam sensor and what else could cause no coils to fire because i think that's where my problem is
    Go to a auto parts store and rent out a code reader. Even though you have no codes popping up a camshaft sensor and a crank shaft sensor can break and will not trigger the check engine light. But they will still leave a code.

So get a code reader you only have ot put down a deposit at autozone. And when you return it they will give you all your money back. Its worth a try just to see.

spark plugs are good and the only code i got was tps sensor,i'm going to make sure my timing is right tomorrow and go from there

re did my timing so it's good to go but still got the same problem.......i'm guessing my ecu is bad or my ignition failure sensor

Just for S*** and giggles........have you tried to leave the battery disconnected for over an hour since this issue?

Like I said just for S***'s and giggles.

1)ignition failure sensor can be excluded from the chain. You must install a jumper between pins 3 and 4 (see the scheme).

is there any relays that might cause this problem i'm fed up with it about ready to tear the top end off and start from there since the problem started after i replaced my head gasket

Did you use new spark wires on the car?
    I know silly question but some times they can be twisted and then break inside. You have power to the coils?

So if you do then the coil could be bad.

idk this guy keeps telling me my timing is off but i don't think it is...........not sure though quick question i match the v cut from the sensor plate with the tab sticking out correct or is it different. my car is making me paranoid but i checked the wires going to my coil and they have power.

change the coil places. If the sparks will not be at the other two cylinders, means faulty coil. If the sparks will not be on the same cylinders, it is necessary to look connection with the ECU.

i just took the top back off...........quick question how can i tell if my bottom end is shot or needs replacing.

Quote Originally Posted by Waka Flocka Eric View Post
    i just took the top back off...........quick question how can i tell if my bottom end is shot or needs replacing.
    Bottom end......you mean the pistons, crank bearings,,,,etc.....
    If you have piston slap that is one way you can tell.
    Its where the pistons lower half will hit the cylinder walls untill the car warm up.
    Or drop the pan and see if you get play from any parts.

I would just go with miles and how important is it to you to actually do all that work on the car.

not to important but i'm not flowing with money either would like to do it myself, i think my block is good.going to get my cylinder head check for valve damage then i'm gonna check my relays and make sure my head-gasket installation is flawless