The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 98 galant low rpm ..... almost stalls please help

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

98 galant low rpm ..... almost stalls please help

my 98 gallant runs great but struggles sometimes to drive when the gas is pressed, and it seems like a low voltage problem. when i have the brakes pressed at a stoplight it struggles to stay at 800 rpm and the revs stay at 300-600 rpm. sometimes i get a P1750 Solenoid Assembly code that goes away after a while. the tranny shifts fine but it struggles to go sometimes and some days it runs great with no problem. i download a service manual from this site and i think i have a 4g6 4 cyl engine and i am stumped can somebody help me figure this out ?

also ... the car never stalls but it feels like it going to stall and sometimes i turn the key and no crank but the normal lights will show on the dash. and then right after i turn the key again and it starts no problem and it does not do that a lot but it happens other than that i have no other codes or issues with the car........

thank you

Joe

Perhaps the problem of the vacuum brake booster. Checking. Disconnect the vacuum hose from the intake manifold. Install the plug on the intake manifold, instead of the hose. Start the engine and push on the brake. If the engine does not fall, you need to change the vacuum brake booster. If the problem remains, then vacuum brake booster is not with it. You are the air leak.
    Turbo - it is a snail, but the bitch is very fast.

thank you for the help and i will check it and i am sure i don't have a vac leak i think i have a short somewhere in the car but i am not sure where to start to look for it the car struggles to go when i am in drive and not hitting the brakes i have an auto tranny as well it happens on the highway and also driving at 40 mph

i know what your problem is but im WAY to lazy to go outside atm and take a pic of the part you need.

ill show you tomorrow

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

thank you for the help do u know the name of the part and what is going on i tried to do a tcu codes but i have a digital multimeter so the pulses are too fast for me to read ill check tomm to see the part

Its the three vacuum selonoids that are bolted on the fire wall I have one laying around since I took it off of my car when. I did my Turbo setup

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

1996 galant s

do u know what one i have to replace or is there a way to test i think the tdu code i got was for the solenoid b ... but i am not sure are they expensive and did the same thing happen to you before... ?

Yea I broke one in like 06 when I pulled the engine out to fix a crack in my trams the car would run really weird with out the newais plugged in and o think it through the same code I can't remember Idk sell you the newais that I have with all three for cheaper then what you would get it at, at a yard. Ill take a good look through all my stiff tomorrow and let you know if I find it

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

1996 galant s

ok thanks so much ........... can u take a pic of the 3 solenoids tomm so i can see what it looks like ?

if u have a pic online that would be cool too i am not sure what i looks like but i wanna test them and see if i can see what one i need

well i cant find those solenoids that are attached to the firewall ........ do u have any idea where they might be and the model of my car is ( e56a5rhel ) and the engine is an 4g64 and the tranny is an f4a23 if anybody knows where they might be that would be great and i downloaded the service manual for the galant but it does not say where they are ...... i think it may be in the tranny but i cannot find the location ..... is it under the car ?????

thank you for the help