The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: What do you guys think about XXR wheels?

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

What do you guys think about XXR wheels?

I'm thinking of buying some XXR wheels (the 522's in particular) and wanted some opinions. What do you guys think about XXR wheels? Anyone own them or heard anything about their quality? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Heres a link to the wheels I want.
    http://www.xxrwheels.com/xxr_522_16.shtml
    "We Do Not Sow."

TGC Regular
    If yuor going for that kind of look, I prefer rota p45r but to those their own taste. Also fyi if your putting it on a G I notice that those only came in 4 lugs.

2002 ES i4 SOHC Mitsubishi Galant

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    I was looking at those too, as long as your not doing any hard driving impretty sure they should be good. what size you looking at?

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    never pull out, always squeeze inside! LOL!

They are fine, they are super popular in the wrongfitmentcrew, hellaflush, stance scene etc... because of the odd sizes that allow for more stretch. I have yet to see someone on any of those forums complain about them breaking and they are running them with minimal tire setups that don't cushion impacts from the road. IF you like them, buy them.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Quote Originally Posted by ADExternal View Post
    If yuor going for that kind of look, I prefer rota p45r but to those their own taste. Also fyi if your putting it on a G I notice that those only came in 4 lugs.

As far as lugs go I'm going to look into that. I called the company the other day and the guy I talked to said that the wheels would fit a galant (maybe they make both 4 and 5 lugs patterns). On the other hand the rota's you suggested are 'hot'. I may just go with them. I'm going to do a little bit more research and make a final choice in the next week or two. Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by RavenPhoenix; 05-26-2011 at 02:22 PM
    "We Do Not Sow."

Quote Originally Posted by E_Emerson88 View Post
    I was looking at those too, as long as your not doing any hard driving impretty sure they should be good. what size you looking at?

Size was actually going to be my second question but I decided to just make it another thread.

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=46465

To answer your question: I have no idea. Honestly I'm getting the wheels primarily for looks and I think the wheels are going to be the most significant cosmetic change I make to the car (I may do a lip but nothing major like JDM). As far as wheels go I'm thinking maybe 18's? What do you think is the best wheels size for the Galant? I'm going to make it another thread so I get opinions on size, offset and stuff like that.
    "We Do Not Sow."

TahitianGreen
    Google Sportcracks (Sportmaxx)

They = XXR

I think they look great especially in gold/bronze