The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Headlight Assembly Removal

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Headlight Assembly Removal

I have a 2004 Galant and Im planning on doing a retrofit to the headlights and installing some Bi-xenon MiniMorimoto H1 projectors..My question is, Does anybody know how to remove the headlight assembly? How many screws and bolts need to be unscrewed & where are they located?...thanks

Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    hid h1 projectors? why dont you get TL or Fx35 Projectors?

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    very easy. all are visible except the bottom bolt which is behind the front bumper.

much easier if you remove the front bumper cover which is only held by clips and the only bolts is where it connects the bumper to the fender.

hid h1 projectors? why dont you get TL or Fx35 Projectors?
    I chose the H1 bcuz of how easy they are to install with minimal modification to the headlight required.

very easy. all are visible except the bottom bolt which is behind the front bumper.

much easier if you remove the front bumper cover which is only held by clips and the only bolts is where it connects the bumper to the fender.
    So basically all thats holding the headlight in place is 3 screws? the 2 that are visible and the one thats behind the bumper

Pretty sure there are only 3 screws but one is underneath and is a bitch to get to. Might need to take off the bumper.

Effort and courage are not enough, without purpose and direction.

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    He is using a morimoto Mini mort likely. They are not oem projectors, try are designed to screw right into several bulb type holler including h4. The output is pretty nice too, ug obviously not like a tl, fx35, or fx-r