The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: wheel advice

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
    Jedi iRevo

wheel advice

so 1st of all im pretty new here just got my new computer so galant time! ok so my 1st mod was the sound got two 12" RF and a jl audio powering them then i installed hids (8000k) so now im going for new wheels cus roughly im sittin on 14z HA! stock so my question is 17" or 18" and would the feel of the drive be any different?

Depends on what you want.

For these particular Galants, I'd say 17"s the max. What's the stock tire size you're running? I'll use the tire size calculator I use for what sizes you'll need.

-Chris-

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L SOHC: "Octavia"
    2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe 2.4L DOHC

Quote Originally Posted by XxGiRLaNT06xX View Post
    From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

Refer to this FAQ thread for all your wheel and tire questions:

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=18010

go with the 18s have a 8g and the ride is ok u still are going to feel bumps but thats the price u pay for having rims

Jedi iRevo
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyforger View Post
    Depends on what you want.

For these particular Galants, I'd say 17"s the max. What's the stock tire size you're running? I'll use the tire size calculator I use for what sizes you'll need.
    im running on 185/7DR14, i was actually going for the 17" but i wanted some opinions because i dont want them to be to small either and these 17" with tires cost around 750$ brand new.

215/45 R17 will suit you well, as long as it's no bigger than a 17x7.5 rim. As for the offset, I'm not too sure of the stock offset to compare by.

Cost-wise, they aren't too pricey, it has become quite common since quite a few models come with this size stock, (mainly Scion tC's) cost for a set of four tires should be under $450 for a decent set.
    Last edited by Skyforger; 05-30-2011 at 09:02 PM

-Chris-

From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

Jedi iRevo
    215/45 R17 will suit you well, as long as it's no bigger than a 17x7.5 rim. As for the offset, I'm not too sure of the stock offset to compare by.
    ill find out what the offset is...but for sure ill get them 17x7.5 the biggest now time to save up the cash for that...thanks this helped out alot

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi iRevo View Post
    ill find out what the offset is...but for sure ill get them 17x7.5 the biggest now time to save up the cash for that...thanks this helped out alot
    See my post for more info. (edits)

-Chris-

Cost-wise, they aren't too pricey, it has become quite common since quite a few models come with this size stock, (mainly Scion tC's) cost for a set of four tires should be under $450 for a decent set.
    Stock offset is around +46mm on the 7Gs (and 8Gs also).

225/45R17 also fits, and will be less pricey (in general).

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi iRevo View Post
    You should really consider looking at what I linked, it covers all these things it great detail, just saying, it is helpful.

With a lower offset, and a 17x8 wheel, a 225/45 or 235/45 tire would be excellent.

-Chris-