The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: New tinted tails on the ES.

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

New tinted tails on the ES.

I know I'm planning on getting the Kouki JDM tails for the Galant, but in the meantime I decided to tinker with the stock tails.

Car needed a good cleaning anyway.

Got the tails out and cleaned them:

Marked off the backup light:

First coat:

Second coat:

Those other tails you see, my g/f's mother wanted some tint as well.

Car all cleaned up, and her logo for her mural/designing side job back on the Galant.

-Chris-

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L SOHC: "Octavia"
    2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe 2.4L DOHC

Quote Originally Posted by XxGiRLaNT06xX View Post
    From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

TGC Regular
    And it begins.... haha clean work sir!

2002 ES i4 SOHC Mitsubishi Galant

Indeed. Having domestics in my ownership since I've been legally able to drive...it's interesting working/modding/driving an import. But the mod bug compels me to mod anything I get my paws on.

Contemplating on the Evo X "look" to the front of the car next...

-Chris-

From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

Nice work! Looks really nice. What did you use for the tint? I used some spray on tint crap a few years ago on some headlights but it ended up looking green. It sucked

Thanks, I used VHT Niteshades. And tinting headlights is a big no-no with me. Fucks with visibility too much, had GTS headlight covers on my Grand Am for awhile, couldn't see shit with them on at night. Plus, the heat they generate screws with the tint anyway, hence them being discolored.

Now, adding a tint eyelid, would be better, but discoloration might still occur.

-Chris-

Quote Originally Posted by Skyforger View Post
    Indeed. Having domestics in my ownership since I've been legally able to drive...it's interesting working/modding/driving an import. But the mod bug compels me to mod anything I get my paws on.
    Agreed! But once you get the ball rolling, it's hard to stop as soon as you realize how interchange-able everything is.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

Quote Originally Posted by M-Rod View Post
    Agreed! But once you get the ball rolling, it's hard to stop as soon as you realize how interchange-able everything is.
    Interchangability? Being a GM enthusiast, I so many options from other GM models to choose mods from.

My Grand Am for example, the front spindles can accept use of dual piston calipers from LS1 F-bodies (Camaros, Firebirds) 05-06 GTOs, 05-08 Grand Prix GXPs, 06-09 Chevy Equinox/Pontiac Torrent. That's just the tip of the iceburg.

I'm slowly seeing the interchangability options for the 4G64, and the Outlander manifold swap looks like a good project down the road.

-Chris-

I was talking about how interchangeable things are on the Mitsu side of of the spectrum. Not quite as extensive as GM, but still fairly easy to find things.

Do you know off hand if the F-Bodies use different spindles from LS1 to LT1? Because if they use the same, I'm sure you could even go with C5 Corvette front brakes since one of my best friends has that brake setup on his 95 Z28. Now those would be sick on a GA.

But it's cool to see you're already familiar with making things work from all over. I used to be a big time Pontiac enthusiast before I got my Galant, and still kind of am. If I came across the right deal on another '73 Grand Am, it'd be mine.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

Quote Originally Posted by M-Rod View Post
    I was talking about how interchangeable things are on the Mitsu side of of the spectrum. Not quite as extensive as GM, but still fairly easy to find things.

Do you know off hand if the F-Bodies use different spindles from LS1 to LT1? Because if they use the same, I'm sure you could even go with C5 Corvette front brakes since one of my best friends has that brake setup on his 95 Z28. Now those would be sick on a GA.

But it's cool to see you're already familiar with making things work from all over. I used to be a big time Pontiac enthusiast before I got my Galant, and still kind of am. If I came across the right deal on another '73 Grand Am, it'd be mine.
    Yeah, it's nuts how much stuff I can swap around with the GA.

No, LT1 F-bodies (93-97) and LS1 F-bodies (98-02) have different front spindles. As for the C5 calipers, they're almost identical to LS1 F-body calipers. The C5's have much larger cooling fins, bracket mounts are the same, and yeah, some GA guys have done the swap. The Cadillac XLR's work as well.

I'm liking the Galant more and more, just getting the JDM parts is a bit pricey, and the wiring for the kouki tails will be a learning curve for me.

-Chris-