The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2008 Subaru STI on 9G!

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18
    Rubix

2008 Subaru STI on 9G!

I purchased a set of 18" Subaru STI stock wheels for a good price on craiglist with bolt pattern fitting a 9G. After sending a pm to RedGalant, I found out that Mitsubishi hub diameter is 67.1mm and Subaru is typically 56.1mm.

My plan is to bore them out to 67.1mm to fit the galant size. Did anybody tried this. The wheels look cool to pass it on! Thx in advance.

I think it can be done as long as you bore it concentric to the wheel and you have enough material left. That's boring the hole .400 inch bigger.

Rubix
    By the way these are the specs:

Size: 18"x8.5"

Offset : 55mm
    Last edited by Rubix; 05-31-2011 at 07:20 PM

the'll look good on the g. they almost look like the 350z's

Rubix
    Quote Originally Posted by 9Ggts View Post
    I think it can be done as long as you bore it concentric to the wheel and you have enough material left. That's boring the hole .400 inch bigger.
    Which means I won't need spacers?

Rubix
    Quote Originally Posted by deeznutz View Post
    the'll look good on the g. they almost look like the 350z's
    Im thinking about putting some 245/45-18 tires on it!

Quote Originally Posted by Rubix View Post
    You would take them to a machine shop (unless that is you :) ), and have them machine the wheels to match Mitsubishi center bore measurements. Considering the STI uses the same bolt pattern the mounting pad should easily accommodate the expanding of the center bore.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubix View Post
    If you're able to bore it with no problems then no spacers needed since you mentioned it fits the mitsu PCD. Not sure if there are spacers to adapt from 56 mm to 67mm. KICS may have them.

It has to be mounted hubcentric or u put stress on studs. Nice set of wheels btw.

Rubix
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    You would take them to a machine shop (unless that is you :) ), and have them machine the wheels to match Mitsubishi center bore measurements. Considering the STI uses the same bolt pattern the mounting pad should easily accommodate the expanding of the center bore.
    Im gonna stop by Tire Barn and see what they say. Thx for the advice

Quote Originally Posted by 9Ggts View Post
    It has to be mounted hubcentric or u put stress on studs. Nice set of wheels btw.
    I will take note on that! Thx

i got the center bore done for my agency power rims. they were for sale so cheap i had to buy them even know that the center bore was to small. i got that fixed for 60 bucks at a shop and ive had no problems for the 3 years ive had them on
    04 GTS 9G

FoR Sale:
    2004-2006 Fog Lights $50
    shoot me a pm

they were also for sti so i was in the same boat you are in
    04 GTS 9G

FoR Sale:
    2004-2006 Fog Lights $50
    shoot me a pm

man, i would go through all the trouble.....

I know a honda guy that ordered some wheels online got them and had the same problem he bored out the center hole and had to take a couple thousands of an inch off the inside of wheel to fit his brakes, but it was possible and was done.. so like was said before if there is enough to shave off and still be safe then there is not much problem with it other than cost.

Rubix
    Seems like all of you that tried had positive experiences +1. Can't wait to put them bad boys on :).
    Im thinking about getting some Eagle GT All Season tires 245/45/18 on it too. They seem affordable for my budget. An aggressive look on the tire will be a plus if I can find the right size to do that.

Once you put them on you'll be thinking that the brakes look inadequate.

I betcha you do....:)

BTW they look remarkably close to the wheels on a TMR380 and they fit perfectly ( ROH Flare)

Rubix
    Lol u so right.......