The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: JDM heads w/projector Ideas

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 38
    Experienced TGC Member

JDM heads w/projector Ideas

So Im taking the JDM heads that I got and Im going to retrofit in some projectors. The ones that Im going to pick up are going to Hi/lo bi-xenon HID projectors, for the outer housing. Then Ill use some PIAA yellow H1 bulbs in the inner housing for fog lights.

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...roducts_id=221
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

Sounds good, the Minis are awesome projectors, but need some tweaking to be perfect, like they bow down at the sides etc., go to HIDplanet to know exactly whats needed
    Last edited by OMEGA PHX; 06-05-2011 at 01:32 AM

4g64T 5spd

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    If those are actual Super VR-4 heads, I wouldnt retrofit them. Theyre prob worth more unaltered...
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Experienced TGC Member
    Yea those are actual and prolly are worth alot. And I want projectors lol. Im not too concerned with the resale value because their last stop is prolly going to be with me I just really want some better light output.

EVO 4G
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

Nice choice, I want FX-R's myself, but at least with those, if you did want to resell the SVR4's you could remove those projectors and everything will be back to stock, you don't have to mutilate the reflectors to mount the Mini's.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Experienced TGC Member
    Exactly. Im looking for something that will look factory and last until I take them out if I ever choose to. I dont want to have to mutilate and rig up a mount to get them to fit and the first big bump have one knocked loose.

EVO 4G

You might wanna use some blue Loctite or something though when you use the locking nuts, some HIDPlanet members have had rotation after a while and you may have to open 'em back up to fix it, you may not. Let me know if you don't have a heat gun if you wanted to go that way, I got a spare one.

-Greg

Experienced TGC Member
    Yea I have a heat gun thanks man. Ive opened headlights up before using the oven I might give the heat gun a shot im not sure yet

EVO 4G

Coolness. Show us them pics when it's done, fam!

-Greg

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteGalant View Post
    Yea those are actual and prolly are worth alot. And I want projectors lol. Im not too concerned with the resale value because their last stop is prolly going to be with me I just really want some better light output.

EVO 4G
    LOL! Well yeah if you plan on keeping em then of course it wont matter much. Im eventually going to get projectors too, but theres other things I want or need to do with the G before then.
    You plan on leaving the housing red?
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Experienced TGC Member
    Yea im going to keep the housing red I was thinking of spraying the reflector housing thats gonna have the projector with some spray tint so its a darker silver.

EVO 4G

Yea im going to keep the housing red I was thinking of spraying the reflector housing thats gonna have the projector with some spray tint so its a darker silver.

EVO 4G
    Sounds good
    JDM Zenki Conversion

umm are you going to modifiy the high beams section to use it as a location for fog beam? the high beam is unshielded and the pattern is basically uncontrolled so if it actually was foggy and you turned on that section (which is actually the "brights") it would reflect the light back at you off the fog (or snow or rain). in order to use that location as a fog, you would need to retro in fog lights or otherwise find a way to control that beam.
    Last edited by Reelax; 06-05-2011 at 01:40 PM

I would kill you if you cut up some SVR4 heads :) j/k...

Surely a Aussie member would love to buy them :D

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    umm are you going to modifiy the high beams section to use it as a location for fog beam? the high beam is unshielded and the pattern is basically uncontrolled so if it actually was foggy and you turned on that section (which is actually the "brights") it would reflect the light back at you off the fog (or snow or rain). in order to use that location as a fog, you would need to retro in fog lights or otherwise find a way to control that beam.
    Hmmm. Good point. I didnt think of that. I assumed that if I just aimed them down really low it would act the same. :(

EVO 4G

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    I would kill you if you cut up some SVR4 heads :) j/k...

Surely a Aussie member would love to buy them :D
    I dont want to sell them. They are in immaculate condition. All tabs intact, lenses crystal clear. I couldent have asked for a better pair then these.

EVO 4G

Hmmm. Good point. I didnt think of that. I assumed that if I just aimed them down really low it would act the same. :(

EVO 4G
    unfortunately, the hi beam section doesn't really have a cut-off like a low beam or fog beam, so aiming them low would still allow almost all the light shoot too high. there are cheap fog lights that can b retro'd in though and since you are going to have to open them up to drop in the low beam/bixenon, it's only like an extra step to complete.

these are cheap...

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...u0me8h38vgebr8
    Last edited by Reelax; 06-05-2011 at 08:36 PM

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    S2k+ osram CBI + clear lens !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by johnygezony View Post
    S2k+ osram CBI + clear lens !!!!
    Those CBI's are like $190 for a pair. Eff that, they're nice and all, but I'll live with some Morimoto 5000K's.

-Greg

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

And he wants bi-xenon so no s2k's

4g64T 5spd

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast