The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: gtz tranny

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

gtz tranny

how often do v6 trans die? and how much does it costs getting it fixed? i found a good deal on a gtz but tranny is bust. could doing a 5spd swap be cheaper and more reliable?

reliable yes cheaper no. your looking at about 1000 to 1500 on parts for the swap.

Run the numbers on parts + labor vs fixing it. Or doing the swap on your car.

Ultimately it's up to you and what YOU want to do, cause money won't matter, as long as you are happy.

GO FOR IT!

Then 6G75 swap it :)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk 'cause I'm awesome...
    -Andrew

yea i guess ill just fix it, car just wont get in to gear it could be many things. i guess its cheaper to buy the car and fix it. 5 swap will come later.

Well, answer me this: What are you driving now, and what kind of condition is it in?

Buy the other car cheap, start getting parts together, and wait til you have everything. That will be my plan should i come across a car with the same issue. I'm hoping to find another Sterling Silver Metallic G like mine with a bad engine/tranny and built it...
    -Andrew

i got a 7g, body is in good condition,its an S trim. no ac, rear discs, needs tires badly, check engine light is on code scan says cam pos sensor and distributor is brand new so i dunno. i fixed the tranny like 3 yrs ago. i got a rear sway bar. the thing is that lately there's been a lot of heavy rain here and u know what happens to car windows when that happens, they fog cant see. i can get the ac repaired for like 150. but at the same time i am getting tired of o spending my money repairing it instead of modding it. thats why i looked for an 8 in a local adds web site. and seller sent me a few pics of the car and damn its hot, it got some jdm goodies but almost all stock. he was also getting the parts for a engine tune up like water pump timing belt tensioners and stuff like that which hes going to give me if i buy the car. the only problem car has is paint on the roof near the sunroof its fading but other than that it looks very good

Then I'd go for it. But repair yours so you can drive it till that car driveable.

Maintenance before mods....

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk 'cause I'm awesome...
    -Andrew

The owner says the car just stopped working one day it wouldnt get on gear, what are the possible causes??
    Last edited by Joker96; 06-06-2011 at 11:42 AM

The owner ignored the signs until it was inop. Give it a once over to see if there is anything else that got ignored like suspension parts. Slide under and check the boots and grommets...

my 7g trans just went out about a month ago and i still havent been able to fix it. I guess i seized mine so its either rebuild it or get a new one. its 1500 for the new one but i found someone parting out a galant so im picking up the trans for 130 and doing all the work for removing/installing it myself alil nervous about that tho....
    1994 galnt es SOHC

Well i just found out the car still moves but struglin car cranks on like new seriously looks in goodd and also hes giving me all the tune up stuf he bought before the tranny died like water pump timing belt tensioners spark plugs cables well hes giving all that with the car, car looks in very good condition except for paint on roof am going to see the car tomorrow with my mechanic ill let you know what we find out.
    Ps on that 7g tranny i fixed mine like 10k miles ago i paid 1200 to get it fixed. Been runing weird since then. Do a swap, auto on 7g sucks very bad not reliable
    Last edited by Joker96; 06-08-2011 at 12:20 AM

goodluck man. ive been trying to drop mine these last couple days but ive had lots of problem like now it looks like the axle nut is seized so idk what to do about that.... any ideas???
    1994 galnt es SOHC