The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Radio Code

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Radio Code

The battery has been disconnected in my wife's Galant for a few months. Now it's been reconnected and the radio is looking for a code. Is this something I need to get from a dealer?

u might have the code in ur glovebox or in ur owners manual, if not, u can call the dealer and give them ur vin to get the radio code

Quote Originally Posted by QnzMostWanted View Post
    u might have the code in ur glovebox or in ur owners manual, if not, u can call the dealer and give them ur vin to get the radio code
    In the glovebox? Like printed on it somewhere?

Mine is written on the options list in pen, it would have been up to the dealer to pass that on as you really don't want it to be in the car. Or again call the dealer.

its usually on a card

Ok, thanks. I'll have a look in the glovebox tomorrow... if it's not there I'll call a local dealer I guess.

Experienced TGC Member n3oAcid24's Avatar
    you will need the serial # from your unit man. make sure you have that.
    n3oAcid24 = 01' Galant I4

Ok cool, thanks for the info.

So I guess this must have happened to me once before, I found a piece of paper in the glovebox with the code written on it - in my hand writing.

So the radio is working again. :-)

I know this is an old post but in case anyone has radio code issues: pressing and holding the eject and then the power button is a great way to test an OEM radio without having to mess with radio code. Radio should turn on and operate for 5 minutes even when it has requested a security code.

BTW, you can get your radio code on line via email at https://www.mitsubishicars.com/owner...adio-code-form You'll need the Vehicle VIN, Radio serial number and Radio part number (same as model number). Mitsubishi will email you the code in about 5 minutes.
    jjj
    98 ES (5 spd), 94 GS (5 spd), 94 ES (rebuilt auto), 92 Toyota 4X4, 81 KZ550 A2, 67 Mercedes 250S, 58 Mercedes 190SL