The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Opinions needed...im confused...thanks you guys are well appreciated

Showing results 1 to 19 of 19

Opinions needed...im confused...thanks you guys are well appreciated

ok so i have 4 questions i need to ask you guys and ALL opinions are welcome. Sorry so many but i just cant make up my mind about this stuff and so I turn to none other than my fellow TGC members for help. My car is going into the paint shop soon and I wanted to install some parts b4 doing so.

This is my car now

And this is the color is getting painted...BMW steel grey

1st Question I have is should i color match the EGR visor or leave it black?

2nd Question I have is which side view mirrors should I invest in?
    94-97 Accord

M3 style

I like the JDM look the accord mirrors have to offer but the M3 look reminds me of luxury. I want the car to overall look aggressive so im thinking the luxury look will clash with that. Think so?

3rd Question I have is should i tint the reverse section of my tails{3rd Gen.} to compliment my paint? Like this

4th and last question{just had de ja vu....weird..hmmmm} is what do you guys think of these?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1-SMD...Q5fAccessories

Thank you guys so much!!!! ALL OPINIONS!!
    Last edited by G-code88; 06-06-2011 at 02:57 AM

Answer to all questions: sell the G, buy a Bimmer!!

No, seriously:
    1- color match the visor
    2- I like the 94-7 Accord mirrors more than the flashy bimmer ones
    3- I like the bimmer reverse tint, so go fot it! (yes you gave me an idea!!)
    4- those side markes looks pretty nice, me approves them!! :-p

EDIT: I love the Bimmer Steel Gray, very sexy!!!

'00 Patriot Red GTZ --> JDM'ed... 5 Speed... ...

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    looks like you really want a bimmer, save up for one if thats what you really like/want

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    never pull out, always squeeze inside! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by E_Emerson88 View Post
    looks like you really want a bimmer, save up for one if thats what you really like/want
    Lol I'm 23 and only if you knew my wife. A beamer isn't even in the question until we have a house and the baby is in college lol. But seriously tho I just love that color.

1- Color match it!
    2- I like the Accord mirrors also
    3- Definitely tint the reverse lights
    4- Im personally really not into side markers but in thay case I think they would look good on your car. With the wheel combo, paint color, etc I think it would all compliment each other. I say go for it. Good looking car btw

^^^thanks!

1-Match it
    2-Accord
    3-Deff reverse tint
    4-Those side markers would look really nice on ur G

Thanks you guys are making my decsion a whole lot easier!

1 color match it
    2 accord over the m3 (but I would save for the galant jdm's since you already have the tails)
    3 tint the tails
    4 side markers are nice so go for it
    5 lose the chrome rims. If you are going for an agressive look, the chrome isnt the way to go. Chrome is too heavy for anyone who races to consider.
    6 Dont do any of these modifications yet. Spend time working on the performance of the car before you do the "agressive look". I would rather have a car that can move fast and look slow (draws less attention from other racers and the police) then have a car which looks fast (and attracts too much attention) and moves very slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowy View Post
    1 color match it
    2 accord over the m3 (but I would save for the galant jdm's since you already have the tails)
    3 tint the tails
    4 side markers are nice so go for it
    5 lose the chrome rims. If you are going for an agressive look, the chrome isnt the way to go. Chrome is too heavy for anyone who races to consider.
    6 Dont do any of these modifications yet. Spend time working on the performance of the car before you do the "agressive look". I would rather have a car that can move fast and look slow (draws less attention from other racers and the police) then have a car which looks fast (and attracts too much attention) and moves very slow.
    The rims arent chrome. They are the Konig Unknowns{Silver and Black}. Just look that way because of glare of the light. And as far as Performance Im in the process if getting parts for my 5spd swap now so it wont be long after im done with the body that im swapped and then onto the Turbo eventually

Ahhh I see. Well good luck with the swap and the turbo.

^^^thanks

1. color match visor.
    2. get Taiwanese or Philippine power folding mirrors (LHD).
    3. tinting tails is fine, just don't use clear bulbs in the rear signals, it's cheesy; go w/ amber or even red bulbs for rear signals.
    4. those sidemarkers r cool, but make sure u use amber bulbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    1. color match visor.
    2. get Taiwanese or Philippine power folding mirrors (LHD).
    3. tinting tails is fine, just don't use clear bulbs in the rear signals, it's cheesy; go w/ amber or even red bulbs for rear signals.
    4. those sidemarkers r cool, but make sure u use amber bulbs.
    Thanks Reelax!

1. Color match the visor, gives a nice complete finish.

2. Taiwanese Galant Folding mirrors, far nicer fit and look with the car.

3. No tint to the taillights.

4. Agreed with Reelax, nice sidemarkers, not the typical oval markers, and use amber bulbs/LEDs.

WORD 2 HondaKillerGTZ post sell the G buy a beemer...
    Thomas R aka Valpen
    --------------------
    CEO & Eventmanager
    Mitsubishi Club Sweden

Former New yorker....
    94-10 60th Ave
    113 73 Elmhurst, NY
    School PS13 - then moved to Europe

1) Folding mirrors, whether the real Galant ones or Accord.

2) Paint match the EGR Visor

3) Tint only the red part of the tails. Black and white tails are win.

4) No side marker lights. Smooth fenders FTW!

-Chris-

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L SOHC: "Octavia"
    2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe 2.4L DOHC

Quote Originally Posted by XxGiRLaNT06xX View Post
    From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

Experienced TGC Member o1naturalhigh's Avatar
    1. color match
    2. x2 with Reelax and RedGalant2k1
    3. only tint the red part of the tails IF you tint the sidemarkers. otherwise leave them as is.
    4.yes

Ok guys so I ordered my EGR Visor off Socalautowerks, 94-97 Accord Mirrors(Kind Of on a Budget) and the Side Markers. I dont think im going to mess with the tails being that I love the way the red goes with the color of the car and I only wanted to tint the reverse section to mimic the picture but doubt if im going to the same results so im not messing with it. Dont want to experiment on my 3rdgen's. Thanks for all the input.