The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2002 4cyl es won't idle

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 61 to 80 of 97
    You need a real-time data logger.

You said you cleaned the tb right. My question is did you Plug the bypass passage inlet? If you did not there IS YOUR PROBLEM. it is probable that deposits are adhered to the Bypass passage inlet when you sprayed it. So, you need to clean the passage with tb cleaner. Here some pic of what I'm talking about.

The two holes pointed by the arrows.
    Spray cleaning solvent into the valve through the throttle body intake port and leave it for approximately five minutes. Start the engine, rev it several times and then idle it for about one minute.

Adjust the screw if the rpm is higher than 1000 RPM or below 500 RPM It needs to be around 750 to 800 RPM. Let it idle for 14 min. Also you need to drive the car for 300 Miles so the PCM could adjust it self.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Quote Originally Posted by Isaurio View Post
    You said you cleaned the tb right. My question is did you Plug the bypass passage inlet? If you did not there IS YOUR PROBLEM. it is probable that deposits are adhered to the Bypass passage inlet when you sprayed it. So, you need to clean the passage with tb cleaner. Here some pic of what I'm talking about.

The two holes pointed by the arrows.
    Spray cleaning solvent into the valve through the throttle body intake port and leave it for approximately five minutes. Start the engine, rev it several times and then idle it for about one minute.

Adjust the screw if the rpm is higher than 1000 RPM or below 500 RPM It needs to be around 750 to 800 RPM. Let it idle for 14 min. Also you need to drive the car for 300 Miles so the PCM could adjust it self.
    I did not plug the bypass inlet or remove the idle control. So you think I should remove the idle control valve and spray down into the bypass inlets? Let it soak 5mim. Then fire it up, rev a few times, then idle for 1min.? l The go drive 300 miles? Lol joking bout the 300 miles, lol thanks I'll try what you said.
    Last edited by Hevymetalg; 06-13-2011 at 03:16 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Hevymetalg View Post
    I did not plug the bypass inlet or remove the idle control. So you think I should remove the idle control valve and spray down into the bypass inlets? Let it soak 5mim. Then fire it up, rev a few times, then idle for 1min.? l The go drive 300 miles? Lol joking bout the 300 miles, lol thanks I'll try what you said.
    The computer will actually reset itself after 100 miles not 300

[QUOTE=Hevymetalg;681546]I did not plug the bypass inlet or remove the idle control. So you think I should remove the idle control valve and spray down into the bypass inlets? Let it soak 5mim. Then fire it up, rev a few times, then idle for 1min.? l The go drive 300 miles? Lol joking bout the 300 miles, lol thanks I'll try what you said.[/QUOTE

NO leave the IAC alone. Just spray on the 2 holes. and fallow the procedure.

SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Quote Originally Posted by galantlvr34 View Post
    The computer will actually reset itself after 100 miles not 300
    For most of the setting YES. But coming to idle and other things. You need to drive it more for 100% acc. Is around the 300 mile mark.

SOHC Turbo

For most of the setting YES. But coming to idle and other things. You need to drive it more for 100% acc. Is around the 300 mile mark.
    wow that is a lot of driving

When you think about it 300 miles is not that much... One gas tank, say a week.

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    When you think about it 300 miles is not that much... One gas tank, say a week.
    yeah it would just suck if it didnt work and he has to replace the iac anyway

Yeah. its called troubleshooting. But still if he replace the IAC you need to drive the car for a few miles to adjust the new readings. Is all calculation from the PCM it needs to take the new readings and it uses formulas to convert the reading for something more stable.

SOHC Turbo

Well I removed iac before u got back to me and now I'm resetting the PCM now. I'll let it idle for 14min. My Haynes manual said 10min. But whatever. Then I'll go drive 8000 miles lol! For real I'll go drive around a bit just to get the screw adjusted, cause I'm sitting here and the idle is around 1400rpm so I wanta lower that then drive a bit to see if it will stall or not. Thanks guys.

Well I removed iac before u got back to me and now I'm resetting the PCM now. I'll let it idle for 14min. My Haynes manual said 10min. But whatever. Then I'll go drive 8000 miles lol! For real I'll go drive around a bit just to get the screw adjusted, cause I'm sitting here and the idle is around 1400rpm so I wanta lower that then drive a bit to see if it will stall or not. Thanks guys.
    you know what way to turn the screw to raise it what way to lower it right?

Ok I adjusted the screw, it's all the way in, and I rev the gas and the idle is now stuck at 1600rpm wtf?????!!!!!

Ok I adjusted the screw, it's all the way in, and I rev the gas and the idle is now stuck at 1600rpm wtf?????!!!!!
    it seems like you turned it the wrong way go a turn or two the opposite way

you know what way to turn the screw to raise it what way to lower it right?
    Yeah...

it seems like you turned it the wrong way go a turn or two the opposite way
    I turned it clockwise all the way and if I turn it counterclockwise the rpms go up.

lol did you get it working. Turn it slowly. LOL

SOHC Turbo

lol did you get it working. Turn it slowly. LOL
    yeah the idle screws are very sensitive

You guys fucking with me? Made me mess my car up more?!! Thanks alot!!

Turn it slowly? Is all the way in!! Btw jokin bout the messing car up, but come on guy why's the idle so high.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast