The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Seeking Alternator Replacement Guide, Trunk Access Advice

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Seeking Alternator Replacement Guide, Trunk Access Advice

As the title says I'm going to need to replace the alternator in my 8g 2.4l in a few days. I'm thinking I can get in to it under the passenger wheel well with a second guy working the top end. However to be on the safe side I was wondering if anyone had a how to with some photos. I've dug through the knowledge base for a couple hours and couldn't find anything like that.

Edit: I figured out what was wrong with the trunk. Apparently there is a little "lock-unlock" lever on the latching mechanism that must have gotten bumped.
    Last edited by astriaos; 06-06-2011 at 05:40 PM

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    it takes like 20 min. really dont need any pics . loosen the tensioner pulley, move the belt off the alt pulley, take out the 2 or 3 bolts holding the alternator. and reverse....it can all be done very easily from the top of the car and im not to sure what the other person will do other then hand you tools. lol...
    while your at it may as well get a new belt too if you havent done so recently
    good luck

yea its pretty easy but i used to Haynes manuel. But im pretty sure if i didnt use it i would of been just fine.

Ya he has the tools and the tech know how and is gonna guide me through the process. Luckily I ordered off a full belt kit back in january and it is sitting in the trunk of the car right now so I intend on replacing both the main and accessory belt.