The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Help?? Odd engine noise and oil light

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

Help?? Odd engine noise and oil light

Been a while since I posted but I have been having a few issues with the Galant. Right now it's making a sort of whining noise that's hard to explain in words. Here's a link to a video of it. It started doing this after not being started for a week and a half.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35kIePt1RMA

And when I drove it, the oil light would flicker at stop lights. I know that this could be an oil pressure issue but I'm not sure how to explain the noise. I'm thinking maybe worn bearing? Currently the motor has 124k miles and is on synthetic oil.

Thanks!

Check your oil and make sure it is good,then if it is good it could the oil sensor going bad

Sorry bro. You need new engine. More likely is your balance shaft bearing going on you. I will pull out the oil pan and if you see any metal shaving on the button of the pan, that means is coming from a main, rods or balance shaft bearings. DON'T DRIVE THE CAR IF THE OIL LIGHT IS COMING ON IN A STOP. The light is telling you that there is a problem with the oil pressure and is not getting the right pressure to the head and main parts. Take it to a mechanic shop and double check the bearings. Best of luck. You going to spend easy $700+ fixing the issue. More likely replacing all bearings, oil and water pump if you doing the work. This = to new engine.
    Last edited by Isaurio; 06-07-2011 at 08:53 AM

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Yeah I figured it was something bad. Hmm maybe a eclipse 2.4 and 5 speed trans swap is in my near future =).

Quote Originally Posted by pcriso2 View Post
    Yeah I figured it was something bad. Hmm maybe a eclipse 2.4 and 5 speed trans swap is in my near future =).
    Or even better an evo motor swap?

Yeap thats sounds good. If you do get another engine, while is out. Change the oil and water pump, timing belt, and all the bearings you can. It would avoid problems along the way. And it will last you xxx of miles.

SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Quote Originally Posted by galantlvr34 View Post
    Or even better an evo motor swap?
    JAJAJA that would be the best but $$$$$$ for that engine is no joke. Even a DOHC on our block will cost $$$ hell everything cost $$$ lol

SOHC Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Isaurio View Post
    JAJAJA that would be the best but $$$$$$ for that engine is no joke. Even a DOHC on our block will cost $$$ hell everything cost $$$ lol
    yeah i seen the prices for them it is sweet if you can afford it.I wonder if it would cost less if he was to rebuild his bottom end buy a complete evo head if he wanted to go in that direction.

It would be about the same price or more. But remember our block are bore bigger and we have the upper hand over the 4g63. The best is to build our block with the evo head or sonata head.

SOHC Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Isaurio View Post
    It would be about the same price or more. But remember our block are bore bigger and we have the upper hand over the 4g63. The best is to build our block with the evo head or sonata head.
    Yeah i have seen some pretty good deals for a complete head with everything you need for the top end.Yeah i know what you mean the 4g64 block has more displacement then the 4g63 too.

Haha an evo swap would be awesome. But realistically I'll probably just do a motor swap..and a trans swap if I can find if anyone fixed the ecu code problems (I have emissions coming up soon).

Haha an evo swap would be awesome. But realistically I'll probably just do a motor swap..and a trans swap if I can find if anyone fixed the ecu code problems (I have emissions coming up soon).
    yeah i hear you,you have a 02 or 03?

Few good mods for your N/A block.
    Outlander intake mani with a diamante TB
    Headers
    CAI
    BEST 5 speed
    And a nice ECU tune

I'm working on putting some evo injectors and changing the maf. But i need to test the stock ECU for a flash.

I have the AFR installed and it shows that we are running super lean around the 15.4 scale. I need to get her around upper 13's. My mods are too much for my ecu to handle. LOL
    Last edited by Isaurio; 06-07-2011 at 01:05 PM

SOHC Turbo

I have an 03 2.4L.
    i think there was one guy who fixed the speedometer problem but i am not sure about the other things.