The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Anyone with coilovers on a 9g?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 30

Anyone with coilovers on a 9g?

Hey, Ive searched for the last three hours and I cant find one single picture of a 9g with coilovers. Now, a couple of people have said that the 4g eclipse coilovers will fit, but wheres the photographic proof? I'm getting ready to part out my corolla (lose the coilovers, intake, exhaust, etc, etc...) so that it can become my wifes daily driver, and then make the 9g galant mine. I am having second thoughts though.
    I already bought a set of c4 vette rims and tires, and Id like to slam it... My budget is $1200 though, so I cant go with air... so please, if you have a 9g with coilovers please post some pics and info on what modifications were necessary, how they held up, what brand, how low they go on the galant, etc...

Thank you in advance :)

edit: I just found these, but nobody on here has talked about them... do these really exist?

http://www.shocks-coilovers.com/KSpo...t--290299.html

http://www.shocks-coilovers.com/D2_R...t--165252.html
    Last edited by josh.chaos; 06-07-2011 at 03:01 PM

Hey man,

I just contacted BC racing for coilovers, I said that eclipse coilovers may fit, they need measurements to confirm.

I'll be posting a new thread here soon with their reply after I get measurements to confirm or deny if the coilovers have the same mounts.

Cheers,

-M

4g eclipse suspension fit the 9g Galant, nuff said

BINGO^ but for your satisfaction, you could go to napa, and compare part numbers of a 4g and 9g struts, just for kicks and giggles.. they will be the same though

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Quote Originally Posted by monnewbie3 View Post
    Hey man,

I just contacted BC racing for coilovers, I said that eclipse coilovers may fit, they need measurements to confirm.

I'll be posting a new thread here soon with their reply after I get measurements to confirm or deny if the coilovers have the same mounts.

Cheers,

-M
    I really appreciate it, I contacted ksportusa and they havent gotten back to me yet. cant wait to hear what they say.

Quote Originally Posted by QnzMostWanted View Post
    Measurement wise, yes, stock wise, yes...

Quote Originally Posted by Galantman03 View Post
    BINGO^ but for your satisfaction, you could go to napa, and compare part numbers of a 4g and 9g struts, just for kicks and giggles.. they will be the same though
    I did. Part numbers are mostly the same, but... The eclipse has a curb weight of 3274 lbs and the galant has a curb weight of 3428 lbs. And I know that the weight distribution has to be different. This being said, the coilovers were designed for the eclipse. I was inquiring as to how well they fit/lasted/settled. I dont want to find out that they wear out extremely quick given different weight and balance than what they were designed for.

****I dont own coilovers or the car pictured - belongs to 'Foozrcool' on AMC not sure if hes a meber here or not****

this is the ksport offering for the 380 which id assume is the same as the one you linked for the galant.
    Kings superlows (just lowered springs)

then coilovers (not on lowest setting)
    Aussie 380 GT: 20s, full zorst, Brakes, Interior

Quote Originally Posted by QnzMostWanted View Post
    Do you have a link or know a member with coilovers from the 4G?

Yes I know the springs and brakes work... However some springs bind due to extra weight...
    And yes I haven't heard back from Ksport either... been a week.

I've never seen anyone with coilovers from a 4G mounted...Or a 380 to a 9G.
    Before I spend 1200$ I'd like to make 100% sure that they'll fit. I'm confident they will, but I want it in writing, that's why I emailed BC racing.
    If anyone has a 9G Ralliart and can measure what's asked below (I'll get to it eventually just been very busy) then I can send it back for confirmation.

Emails from BC racing

Matt,

If you can get us detailed photos with measurements of the OEM top hats and lower mount regions for the front and rear, I will see if it is compatible.

Regards,

Sam

Cheers,

-M

^^ thanks, yeah ksportusa got back to me and said they would fit. They only cautioned me to not leave the rears on too soft of a setting bc of the weight difference. Ive encountered the same issue with the toyota corolla/matrix... everything is interchangeable, but the rear of the matrix settles lower than the rear of the corolla due to weight. but yeah, Im gonna hopefully be the first 9g in the u.s. slammed on ksports.

Thank you everyone for your responses... this n00b appreciates it.

Siiccck! Can you post their official reply and link (if it's not the above one)?
    And which model of 9G you have?

This is great news :)

^^ I spoke to them over the phone. I have an 07 galant 4cyl... they recomended part number CMT260-KP which is the same one used on the 380 and the eclipse. For optimal performance though, I might see if they can hook me up with a custom spring rate in the rear to help with the weight difference.

let my summer project begin :)
    Last edited by josh.chaos; 06-08-2011 at 10:19 AM

Hmmm well hopefully it's the same for the V6 :D

yes they will fit, and no our part #s do not match for the struts with the 4g.... the 9g strugs have a longer arm vs the 4g
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

Quote Originally Posted by krazienluv10 View Post
    yes they will fit, and no our part #s do not match for the struts with the 4g.... the 9g strugs have a longer arm vs the 4g
    Good to know.
    Do we know any 9G Ralliart guys with Coilovers?
    In theory it would appear to fit...But it would be nice to see it on the car.

I have a 08 ralliart with D2 coil overs. They fit perfectly

post some pics lfrazier80 i wanna get some works lowering springs are nice but i want to be lower !

9g Baby!

^^^ Very sweet, if I got those it literally will double what I paid for my car. Lol! $2300+$2300

I dont think this guy has coilovers on his car. SHENANIGANS

Holy thread revival from the depths here batman... I know... I never went ahead with trading cars with my wife. Still have my corolla slammed on coils as a daily. Just logged on for the first time in 2 years to find that there still seems to be no 9g slammage yet. Anyway, the front struts are blown on my wifes galant so I'm ordering theses --coils--- A couple of people I know say that the magan ez's are quite comfy, so she'll be fine with em. but damn, I mean, nobody is scraping frame yet? the 8g and 7g guys are going hard but all I see with the 9g's is one really clean silver lowered ralliart and a bunch of pep-boys accessorized, 20's wearing, off roaders. Not to flame anyone, just frustrated after spending the last 4 hours trying to find a 9g on coils.

Quote Originally Posted by josh.chaos View Post
    all I see with the 9g's is one really clean silver lowered ralliart and a bunch of pep-boys accessorized, 20's wearing, off roaders. Not to flame anyone, just frustrated after spending the last 4 hours trying to find a 9g on coils.
    Hate to admit it but you hit it dead on. Aside from Gotti and a few 9G enthusiasts everyone else have different priorities than what you'd see from earlier gens.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast