The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Car won't start randomly

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
    Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar

Car won't start randomly

So sometimes i'll go to start the car it'll click once and what it seems like it ground out and the car seems lifeless all the lights go out does nothing when i turn the key...i'll have to pull the positive off the battery a few times and reconnect it for it to finally start :/....

i thought the it was the ground wire which I ended up replacing and its been fine till today...

Try replacing the negative and positive battery terminals if you dont have a good connection it will do that.

Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    like i mentioned i replaced the negative terminals the positive was replace probably a year or two ago theres no visible corrosion;;; the only thing im thinking is possibly when i replaced the starter maybe installed it incorrectly or its shorting.

Quote Originally Posted by 02redgalant View Post
    like i mentioned i replaced the negative terminals the positive was replace probably a year or two ago theres no visible corrosion;;; the only thing im thinking is possibly when i replaced the starter maybe installed it incorrectly or its shorting.
    i wasnt talking about because of corrosion i was talking about the contact connection, i have had that happen to me because of a bad terminal and it has been fine since.But that could be a possibility i would try and find out which wires go where so you can fix that before something was to happen.