The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Factory 5 speed 7g's

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

Icon14 Factory 5 speed 7g's

How rare are these cars? I've yet to find another one. I knew when i got mine i hadn't seen one before which is the reason why i got it lol. Any other fellas out there that had the luxury of the 5 speed without the swap??? It is nice, although i do wish i had a sun roof and all of the other goodies fog lights ect...but i love my galant.

not that rare. went to the junkyard and found one all in tact. Thats what led to me doing my auto to manny swap.

Nice, hadn't realized that. I'm glad i have it back, just picked it up yesterday. Got the clutch replaced on it when it came to bleeding of the hydraulic system time i noticed the clutch pedal was WAYYYYY to stiff. Had the clutch warrantied got a new one along with an oem release fork from Max Madsen in Aurora IL now shifting smooth as butter. Man was that an ordeal..........

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    They are very rare. My first 7g was 5 speed and I didn't realize how rare it was until I was going to buy my second one. I looked for about 4 months with no luck. And after all the junkyard runs I only found 1 other 5 speed which I used for my swap. Good find and 5 speed is much more fun and not as sluggish as the autos.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Back in the day you could have had a custom assembled one with all power accessories and 5 spd. Theres a member here with an ES and 5 spd from factory. Usually the "S" model for 94-96 came with manual and optional auto and the DE for 97-98 was manual and optional auto.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

I think mine is a DE, when i got it it was basically bone stock although the labels on the rear stating the trim must have been removed. So to this day still not sure 100% what trim my car is. Oh well, more important things to worry about, like my oil leak from the distributor and I'm pretty sure my valve seals are causing a lot of oil to be burned off but i've never rebuilt a head before. Anyone in IL willing to help??? LOLz

anyone still have their TCU's? I want them.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Galant306m View Post
    anyone still have their TCU's? I want them.
    i have it.

-Mitsubishi Galant LS 1994 a/t [ SOLD ]

mine (the 5spd One RIP) was S, and the one i have now (5spd swap) is ES. :P

-Mitsubishi Galant LS 1994 a/t [ SOLD ]

mine is a factory 5spd.

its a 97' DE. that upgraded to leather and partial power. soon to be full power options

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

My 94 gs is factory 5 speed

mine's a factory 98 es 5spd, hehe

FreshDaily
    Mines a 95 "S" but an auto :( I REALLY hate that transmission with a passion!

I don't think the 7g Galant 5 speeds are really that rare. My 94 GS came with 5 speed. I just parted out a 95 S for its 5 speed to put into my 98 ES. There is another 5 speed 7g for sale about an hour away from me. Here in Helena MT the closest Mits dealer is at least five hours away and there are less than ten 7g in town (I own 5 of them but the 95 S is going to be scrapped after I finish my 5 speed swap).
    jjj
    98 ES (5 spd), 94 GS (5 spd), 94 ES (rebuilt auto), 92 Toyota 4X4, 81 KZ550 A2, 67 Mercedes 250S, 58 Mercedes 190SL