The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Electrical problem

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Showing results 41 to 48 of 48
    questions about radio wiring that maybe could be causing this. by cleaning this a bit i got rid of the srs light.

is wire supposed to be there?? as in stock??

any ideas where all this cabling going? the gray and copper wires, and the green one.

these are the stock radio wires right??

if you can identify any of these it would help a lot, i dont know much about 8gs but i always prefer leaving stuff stock, i dunno why they didnt use a radio harness

proably because your far has or had the infity system. Looks like they bypassed the amp for an after market radio. The thick copper cables are more than likely running down under the passenger seat where the amp is. As long as they're not connected to anything at either end you can just remove them. The green one that's under the bolt can be removed just a oversized ground. It's doubtful that any of that could be causing an issue with the abs in the the car though.
    MECP First Class Certi-fried installer.

For the right price, nothing is impossible.

i see, ill remove that infinity amp since i dont have stock radio. thanks for the info

can the tcl and abs lights be related? also can these lights cause the check engine light to also turn on?

I dont think so. TCL is the traction control and the abs is the break system. The CEL is only related to engine and transmission problems.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

what kind of scanner i need?? i am thinking on buying my own scanner. am talking bout something cheap not thousands. i saw some on autozone for like 50 but do those work?

Quote Originally Posted by Joker96 View Post
    what kind of scanner i need?? i am thinking on buying my own scanner. am talking bout something cheap not thousands. i saw some on autozone for like 50 but do those work?
    I bought an Autozone scanner a while back, it works fine, but I'd like to upgrade so I can read abs codes as well. I'd recommend saving up a little and getting this scanner from Autozone, it's usually cheaper than what Actron has it listed at.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

thats good to know, i was doing some reading and it looks like the tcl uses the same wheel speed sensor as the abs. ive read a lot of reports of galants with abs and tcl lights on at the same time. hope its just one of those sensors they are not expensive. if its the abs pump or ecu am screwed, brand new oem with tcl is around 1300$$ without its at around 1000$$

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123