The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Electrical problem

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 48

Electrical problem

am about to buy a gtz for a very cheap price becouse of this. the guy thinks its the tranny but i dont think it is, let me tell u whats going on. the guy one day arrived from work ok, next day he turned the car on all lights lit up in the cluster, car wanted to die but didnt, then he put on reverse and the tranny made a sound. car still drives put slips on gear still drives. imo i dont think its the tranny , i think it has to be something electrical. am getting the car scanned see what codes come up tomorrow, but would like to know what u guys think.

Anything?

i just got the car today, the car wont idle,shuts off i i take my foot off the floor. all lights in cluster light up no light on inside no mirrors power. no unlock on doors. its all electrical

So as soon as you start it,it shuts off?Maybe the computer is bad in it.

yea if i dont push the accel it dies, also everything on the car incluiding lights and door locks only work with the key inside if no key no power for anything.

Not sure about the dash lights, but the problem with no power accessories with key, I had that issue when the radio fuse in the yellow thing in the fusebox under the hood was blown, replaced that and the problem was gone. I'm not sure about the idle, but it could be an IAC issue, but I haven't had that problem, so I don't know how to fix it yet. Hope this helps some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk fam!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

am missing some fuses and previous owner did a weird thing with the sunroof fuse. whre can i get the ones i am missing?

I replaced some fuses today, damn it had some weird stuff there. Like 3 blown and like other 3 of different amp than stock. I got the right ones there and filled the empty spots and car now stays on and all the electronics inside the car work like they should. Still getting all those lights tho. Still cant figure out the sun roof fuse

i need a picture of the battery terminals wiring. i think previous owner messed this bad. car has no terminals just a vice grip holding the cables to the battery..... i know..... he has some stereo amp wiring and it doesnt make sense. i want this to be stock. pictures anyone?

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

Let us see a picture of what it looks like now, llevalo a escanear a autozone k es gratis a ver k t tira, en lo del wiring no t puedo ayudar pk yo soy 4 cyl. posteate una foto y asi t ayudan lo k saben
    Last edited by OMEGA PHX; 06-10-2011 at 04:29 PM

4g64T 5spd

Quote Originally Posted by Joker96 View Post

Seriously return that car back to stock, fix fuses and remove excess wiring and Mickey Mouses and it will run fine.
    Last edited by oakrdrs187; 06-10-2011 at 05:00 PM

^^what oak said. Vice grips? Who knows what other changes got made, that's some bootleg shit right there.

And now I see your dash pics, get your alternator tested, I bet it's all sorts of fried, that might fix the battery light.
    Last edited by wetamup2k3g; 06-10-2011 at 05:12 PM

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post

Seriously return that car back to stock, fix fuses and remove excess wiring and Mickey Mouses and it will run fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    ^^what oak said. Vice grips? Who knows what other changes got made, that's some bootleg shit right there.

And now I see your dash pics, get your alternator tested, I bet it's all sorts of fried, that might fix the battery light.
    lol i know thats some fucked up stuff, thats what i want to put everything back to stock. i just started with fuses and a lot of stuff started working again. now am looking for a stock wiring picture so i can get all those cables out and put stuff stock. there are a few things going with the car but i want to fix electrical first then move the other things, like the car rattling,shaking when pulling.
    Last edited by Joker96; 06-10-2011 at 05:33 PM

Wow, a few dollars more and the previous owner could clean it up without all that ghetto setup. To think how far people go when thinking beyond cheap.

just got the car scanned and there was no code, actually car computer was getting 15v. so the problem is the alternator. going to replace it see what happens

ill go take a pic for u bro, i kinda see what he did

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

Disconnect everything from the batt and start from there, the black/redstripe wire thats being held with the vice grip goes to the fuse on the pos, the 1/0 gauge blue wire looks like it is for the big three (Goes to the engine block or to the chasis) cut the slack so it looks cleaner or replace it with a 4 gauge. The clear wire well I think thats something fo the sound or goes to a relay for something. Test the alt before buying one

Here's a pic from member beam514 engine bay I hope he doesn't mind:
    Last edited by OMEGA PHX; 06-10-2011 at 06:46 PM

4g64T 5spd

I wouldn't go replacing any parts until you return that mess of wiring back to stock. Improper wiring, especially if it was done as it shows will allow for voltage or current loss in a multitude of places. Get the wiring returned as close to original as possible, then you can properly test the voltage of the electrical system. Then properly diagnose potential short or wiring issues outside of the jumble it was before.

here are some pics

lets start with the positive

the wire held on by the vise grip needs to be on the positive side butt connected to the 120 amp fuse on the top post, so ur missing a connector.

the blue wire connected to the neg need to be there butt also connect to the frame ( pic of it with my finger pointing)

the red looks like amp power

and for the speaker wire on the top post well ur gona have to trace it and see where it goes

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast