The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Driver's Side Engine Cover (inside wheel well)

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Driver's Side Engine Cover (inside wheel well)

Inside the driver's side wheel well there's a plastic cover that goes on the inside to keep stuff out of the engine. When I took the wheel well liner out to fix the timing belt in my wife's car I took this piece out too. But now I can't figure out how it's supposed to go back on and can't find any pictures of what it's supposed to look like installed. Can anybody take a picture of theirs and post it here?

i dont got any pix for ya. but this heppend to me the first time i was putting it back together.. the plastic stuff goes behind the wheel well. the engine side... may not be your problem.. but it heppend to me.. thought id post this
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk
    Isuzu Trooper mountain spec

Quote Originally Posted by pernir View Post
    i dont got any pix for ya. but this heppend to me the first time i was putting it back together.. the plastic stuff goes behind the wheel well. the engine side... may not be your problem.. but it heppend to me.. thought id post this
    Yeah, I remembered where it went but I can't remember how it's supposed to go and what it attaches to.

Pics=very helpful.

This is the part I'm talking about.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Dealer. Its like $12
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Quote Originally Posted by Stewi View Post
    Dealer. Its like $12
    I have the part, I'm trying to find out how it goes back on the car.. which way and where it mounts.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    There are two shields that look like that, one mounts to the right frame rail in the wheel well and the other to the left frame rail in the wheel well. The one in the pic you posted looks like its for the passenger side. If you jack the car up in the front, make sure you put jackstands under it for safety, jack it up and turn the steering wheel toward the passenger side. That shield will attach to the bottom of the frame rail just behind where the windshield washer fluid tank is. It only fits correctly in one direction.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Quote Originally Posted by Stewi View Post
    There are two shields that look like that, one mounts to the right frame rail in the wheel well and the other to the left frame rail in the wheel well. The one in the pic you posted looks like its for the passenger side. If you jack the car up in the front, make sure you put jackstands under it for safety, jack it up and turn the steering wheel toward the passenger side. That shield will attach to the bottom of the frame rail just behind where the windshield washer fluid tank is. It only fits correctly in one direction.
    Ah, that's helpful, thanks.

Would you happen to have a picture of it mounted in a car?