The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Electrical problem

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 48
    Quote Originally Posted by OMEGA PHX View Post
    Disconnect everything from the batt and start from there, the black/redstripe wire thats being held with the vice grip goes to the fuse on the pos, the 1/0 gauge blue wire looks like it is for the big three (Goes to the engine block or to the chasis) cut the slack so it looks cleaner or replace it with a 4 gauge. The clear wire well I think thats something fo the sound or goes to a relay for something. Test the alt before buying one

Here's a pic from member beam514 engine bay I hope he doesn't mind:
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    I wouldn't go replacing any parts until you return that mess of wiring back to stock. Improper wiring, especially if it was done as it shows will allow for voltage or current loss in a multitude of places. Get the wiring returned as close to original as possible, then you can properly test the voltage of the electrical system. Then properly diagnose potential short or wiring issues outside of the jumble it was before.
    Quote Originally Posted by finald8ta View Post

here are some pics

lets start with the positive

the wire held on by the vise grip needs to be on the positive side butt connected to the 120 amp fuse on the top post, so ur missing a connector.

the blue wire connected to the neg need to be there butt also connect to the frame ( pic of it with my finger pointing)

the red looks like amp power

and for the speaker wire on the top post well ur gona have to trace it and see where it goes
    Awesome thanks a lot for the help, ill go get some better wiring for the negative and fix all this mess. then ill get the alt tested and replaced if needed. thanks for the pictures. btw guy sold the car becouse of a bad tranny, with computer going nuts i doubt its the tranny

heres a better pic of the black/red wire and where it goes

fix the electrical and see what happens,
    it might not be anything......

Quote Originally Posted by finald8ta View Post
    fix the electrical and see what happens,
    it might not be anything......
    yeah, am going to remove all that stereo wiring, i dont need it atm. thanks a lot for the pics explained a lot.

Most vehicle issues that cause problems are because people try to fix things themselves, or they don't (or sometimes just cannot) devote time and money to fix things correctly. As a result, sometimes, people can get a great deal on a nice car :P

i would like to kno where those speaker wires got, also once its all back together check every light switch and button, to make sure it all works and no more blown fuses

the red wire goes to the trunk where i guess he had an amp. the other set of cables also go to the trunk. maybe 2 amps?? i replaced every fuse everything started working except power mirrors. this is just the battery, i havent talked about the jdm headlights wiring.... no high beams
    Last edited by Joker96; 06-10-2011 at 08:06 PM

so u have jdm heads, are they stock for ur car being over seas?

nope, puerto rico get same cars as usa. so he did the wiring plus hid. they work but he removed stock plugs and such. when i turn on the high beams one of the heads turns off till i turn off the lights and back on, then it turns back on

am i missing something on my fuse box?? i am missing some stuff but know if its like that stock

sounds like u have a bad ground or loose wire where they rewired it, might be a crossed wire, get a volt meter and disconnect the lights and make sure u get pwr when the highs are on low and high also check ur fuses, again

I knew i had an oil leak but i just noticed alt is covered in oil, engine oil. I guess oil damaged the alt. I should take care of te leak first
    Last edited by Joker96; 06-11-2011 at 09:51 AM

Much better now

yup. much better

Alt had bad voltage regulator. Got it fixed. Havent tried if that solved the problem, am doing a tune up atm damn this car was in bad shape. Ill be getting the car soon

i was wondering the wire that went to the vise grip. was that a positive(+) one? coze that one could have moved around and connected to the ground (-)
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk
    Isuzu Trooper mountain spec

Quote Originally Posted by pernir View Post
    i was wondering the wire that went to the vise grip. was that a positive(+) one? coze that one could have moved around and connected to the ground (-)
    Yes sir, those on the vice grip are a posirive to an amp for car stereo and the other one was coming from the alt.

Just got the car back today, got a complete tune up done. New alt. New engine mounts all of them. Engine even looks different in angle. New harmonic balancer belts retainers tensioner oil seal valve cover gaskets sparks spark wires.

All lights are off now except for abs light. What could be causing this??

I just went through this with my folks, Autozone has a scanner that will read abs codes, run past there and let them hook it up, they'll tell you what it is. Good luck, glad to see that beautiful G coming along!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk fam!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Thanks for the info, i got some bad news from the mechanic. After all this car is still leaking oil from the oil pump. He said he saw some epoxy from one of the screws on the block down there wich is weird. So he has to take everything apart to see if its just the gasket or the block itself is broken and fixed with epoxy by previous owner. He still says engine is in good shape. Lets see what happens in 2 weeks when i take the car back to him.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast