The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: squeaking annoying sound

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

squeaking annoying sound

my car makes very loud annoying sound everytime i turn the wheels even by the slighthest movement of the steering wheel it sounds. i have a clip can someone tell me how to upload it to forum?? its in m4a format.

um did you try tightening your power steering belt?

Its not that type of squealing its more like a very rusty door openingz but extremely loud ppl stare at the car when cornering or moving the steering wheel. Sound is coming from the passenger side wheel

Does the sound go away at higher speeds? or is it at ALL times?

Quote Originally Posted by Davidline View Post
    Does the sound go away at higher speeds? or is it at ALL times?
    No, sound is always there except when launching or accelerating from a complete stop. Once car gets going it comes back. And when braking definetly comes back

Quote Originally Posted by Joker96 View Post
    No, sound is always there except when launching or accelerating from a complete stop. Once car gets going it comes back. And when braking definetly comes back
    It sounds like you are in need of new brakes the brake pads will squeal when they get to a certain point.

Nope its not the sound that brakes do, it makess the sound every time i turn the steering wheel while and while not braking it makes the noise eanyway

i think we need a video, upload an mobile video.

-Mitsubishi Galant LS 1994 a/t [ SOLD ]

my car squeaks too, it's like whenever the tires go even on the slightest uneven pavement or even a little rock

davila825
    suspension bushing?

Quote Originally Posted by Joker96 View Post
    Nope its not the sound that brakes do, it makess the sound every time i turn the steering wheel while and while not braking it makes the noise eanyway
    Did you check your power steering fluid level? it might be empty. Does it make a sound when the car is on and not moving? I was thinking ball joints could be rusty....

Quote Originally Posted by Volta Pikachu View Post
    my car squeaks too, it's like whenever the tires go even on the slightest uneven pavement or even a little rock
    is it from the inside or outside? I know the dash squeaks on the inside
    Quote Originally Posted by davila825 View Post
    suspension bushing?
    usually those make a knocking or clunking sound when those are out

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Quote Originally Posted by Galantman03 View Post
    is it from the inside or outside? I know the dash squeaks on the inside
    it's from the outside, it's pretty noisy too, reminds me of an old shopping cart

LOL nice analogy... hmmm... I have no idea right now... let me think about

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

haha yea thanks that took me a while to think of, oh and if it helps today i noticed that while driving on the freeway (or driving fast in general) it doesn't make a sound, or if it does, i can't hear it

SIR let me help you.

What you have (after you eliminated Brakes...Belts and Doors) is what i call a DRY BALL JOINT!!

This happened to me when i first bought my Silver Bullet 7G V6. Squeaked every dang time i turned left or right.

Listen it's the TOP Wishbone Arm. Chances are your boot is torn and all the grease it out and the ball in rubbing metal to metal. Grinding slowly away.

Money in the bank if you drop the knuckle and inspect the Joint is is going to be either

A) Extremely tight no boot or ZERO grease
    or
    B) Minimal grease and LOADS of play...

Trust me....i know what you speak of. If that arm is goof then it's the Curved Arm not the straight. The Curved one moves a lot more that the Shock Arm or the Wishbone on top.

Hope this helps anyone else reading
    Life should be like a V6...........No one will know of you until they step on you TOES...