The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: newheel fittment ? please help?

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

newheel fittment ? please help?

So bought a really nice set of rims ....but it turns out that they are 5x100 I have a brand new hub assembly in my hands and she fits but it feels as if theres just too much hole granted when i tighten em up they might be better but...something doesnt feel right . Now keep in mind I dont give up easily ...love the rims , dont wanna part wit them, what can be done? Ive seen spacers not really spacer savy...someone help please also Ive been reading that some people try to convert there bolt pattern to a 5x114.3 from a 5x100 and its very difficult.. does that mean Im in luck? by the way I know with most people its always not recomended. thanks guys...nothin but bull$h!t on the web figured Id talk to my fellow pros. thanks joe
    Can you size down your sig please? Thanks, Admin :)

You can get them redrilled. people have it done all the time but it'll cost some money. what kind of wheels are they? if they arent worth much, it might be best to sell them and get another set with the correct bolt pattern. I wouldnt run 5x100 on a 5x114 car.
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

not really worth re-drilling if these are wheels that can be bought in the correct size. i agree w/ DRONES, if they are not worth much it would be better to sell them and get the right size. running conversion spacers or wobble bolts is NOT recommended at all; members have tried it against our advice and it ended badly for them and their cars.

TahitianGreen
    Conversion spacers are fine, but they are generally quite thick. So if you're borderline rubbing now...you will with the conversion spacers.

OP what kind of wheels are they? I'm assuming they're cheap, so just sell them and get something that will actually fit your car.

Quote Originally Posted by TahitianGreen View Post
    Conversion spacers are fine, but they are generally quite thick. So if you're borderline rubbing now...you will with the conversion spacers.

OP what kind of wheels are they? I'm assuming they're cheap, so just sell them and get something that will actually fit your car.
    You can just swap bolt patterns around it's not safe, not to mention the tug and wobble your gonna have, because it will never be perfect. 5x114 is what our car were designed to roll on.

From TireRack BlogSpot
    Bolt pattern. You can’t just say, “It’s a Ford or Chevy.” You need to know the EXACT bolt pattern. Often the Galaxy versus the Mustang for example had a different bolt spread due to different load ratings.
    I know we don't drive Mustangs or Galaxies but the same rules apply.
    More here....
    http://blog.tirerack.com/blog/mustang-wheels