The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Energy Suspension motor mounts.. for 7g

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15
    Galant Ryder

Energy Suspension motor mounts.. for 7g

Im looking for the motor mounts or motor mount inserts. does anyone know if the 2g eclipse would fit and which 1's? i have a automatic. does anyone have these already? if so can i get a part #? and a price? also all i need is the front and back motor mount. thanx

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Dude, you are in luck. Guess u didnt see my post on front engine mount. I got it Brand new, also got the cross member to mount it to also. Give a holla if interested.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

I just got the exact same ones. Sorry I don't know the part number but they are 20 bucks for the front and the rear mount. pm me I can get you another set.

Experienced TGC Member
    I think im gonna go with pothanes cause i like vibrating. Like 80 bucks for the set trany inserts, 3 engine mount inserts...And you need a set from a 2g eclipse, wether u go with energy suspension or prothanes. I dont know if anyone makes ones specificaly for galant, but the 2g sets will fit.
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

Galant Ryder
    where did u get those from??can i get it from any place like pepboys or autozone?? also the front any back motor mounts on my car are cracked and need replacing...can i just throw these inserts on and will it hold everything in place and be fine? and what crossmember are you talking about? please explain?

Kain
    Just FYI, if you've got an automatic, no kit will include front inserts (since it's diffrent from the front mount in a manual) Also, they'll shake bolts loose when you come to a stop at a light or something. Oh, and I've still got a set if anyone wants the punishment. $10 for front/rear mount inserts.

Galant Ryder
    so this kit is for stick only? does everyone on this post who got it has stick...VA_GALANT_RACER & Bronxbombr??? so i take it kain your saying they dont make the inserts for a auto 2g eclipse?? therefore im assed out?? :cry:

Kain
    Quote Originally Posted by Galant Ryder
    so this kit is for stick only? does everyone on this post who got it has stick...VA_GALANT_RACER & Bronxbombr??? so i take it kain your saying they dont make the inserts for a auto 2g eclipse?? therefore im assed out?? :cry:
    They just don't sell them for autos. Auto and manual use all the same mounts except for the front one (which is already 3X beefier than the wimpy manual piece) The front and rear ones are the only ones that matter, since the side one and tranny mount only hold the motor up. The front and rear "roll stoppers" (their technical name) actually keep the motor from moving under load) But, with an automatic you'll literally be shaking bolts loose with them in place. I put them in, drove 1 block to the grocery store and back and pulled them out because I just couldn't handle the shaking. When you're moving it's not so bad, but in Drive with your foot on the brake, and in Park with the car idling it's pretty unbearable.

Galant Ryder
    i guess ill order some stock new 1's.. the front and rear of mine are cracked so they need replacing anyway. and albert...r u still selling the front mount?? lemme know..i can buy it from you if u go to the meet on sat

Experienced TGC Member
    Panzy! cant deal with a little shaking! lol jk.

Out of curiosity why is the front engine mount different for m/t and a/t? I would have thought the tranny mount would have been different if anything.
    Rob
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

I'm confused, the Energy Suspension mounts will cause the car to shake a lot?

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VA_GALANT_RACER
    I'm confused, the Energy Suspension mounts will cause the car to shake a lot?
    They are stiffer then stock, so more of the vibration is transfered through the vehical instead of being dampend by the stock rubber. If you think ES mounts have bad vibration...drive in a car with Prothanes, you could put a cup in ur cupholders with milk, squirt some chocolate in and idle for 2 min, perfectly mixed chocolate milk!!

Lol, and Kain, if you just throw the car in neutral at stops would you still vibrate that bad at stops? I tend to do that anyway I duno whats wrong with me lol.
    Rob
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

ah ok so I take it the shaking bolts loose will come from the Prothanes and not from the Energy Suspension

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VA_GALANT_RACER
    ah ok so I take it the shaking bolts loose will come from the Prothanes and not from the Energy Suspension
    Good questoin..never drove in any car with Energy Suspension inserts..
    Rob
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

Kain
    Yes, putting it in Neutral does make it stop, but that's a pain. See, the stock mounts have "perforations" in them. This is to absorb all the extra vibration of the engine. In a manual, you just disengage the clutch, and the engine is no longer connected to the drivetrain, and the vibration just stays in the engine. But, in an automatic, the engine is permanantly mated to the drive train. In neutral, you get about 99.5% slippage so it's akin to a manual with clutch disengaged/in neutral. I had the Energy ones and still got bad shaking, because the inserts fill those vibration absorbing gaps. And yes, the only diffrence in mounts between the automatic and manual versions is the front mount. The automatic unit absolutely dwarfs the puny manual mount. This is because of the torque multiplication effect of the automatic transmission. (this is why an automatic at idle will roll, but a manual will usually just stall out at idle) and the constant strain on it whenever you put your foot on the brake in Drive. Tranny mount just holds up the transmission, there'd be no need to change them between manual and auto. Ouch, brain's starting to hurt.