The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How to replace lug studs????

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

How to replace lug studs????

i was changing my right rear tire on my 96' and put a lug nut in wrong, now the stud is broken and i can't screw in another lug nut, i know these are easily replaceable, but i can't figure out how to do it, help! i already have the replacement studs and nuts

you have to take the wheel and the rotor and caliper (to take off the rotor) and then theres the piece that holds them all in, just pound out the broken one and put the new one in its place.
    1994 galnt es SOHC

Experienced TGC Member n3oAcid24's Avatar
    pound it out with a rubber hammer...
    n3oAcid24 = 01' Galant I4

Quote Originally Posted by n3oAcid24 View Post
    pound it out with a rubber hammer...
    Really? rubber?

Take drum cover off and hit the broken stud with a hammer, it will push to the inside and then when u get that one out. The same way u got that one out ur gonna get the new one in. Then use a lug on the stud to pull it thru the hole. Thats how i did mine

i figured it out, like Joker96 said, i had to take the drum cover off, thanks everyone!

davila825
    do you know how to install new lugs?

Experienced TGC Member n3oAcid24's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hevymetalg View Post
    Really? rubber?
    sorry for the late response but yes, a rubber hammer. or you like a piece of wood and hit it with a regular hammer.
    n3oAcid24 = 01' Galant I4

Quote Originally Posted by n3oAcid24 View Post
    sorry for the late response but yes, a rubber hammer. or you like a piece of wood and hit it with a regular hammer.
    Lol cool he would have fucked up the rubber mallet to fix a )5.00 problem, but yeah with a peice of wood that might work.

deadblow hammer works great, but I used an 8lb sledge lol one hit and ALL 5 studs were out... lol

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

ya lol i meant bang it out with a rubber mallet i prolly should of said that tho.....
    1994 galnt es SOHC