The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Anyone done an 8G rally cross style?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 29

Anyone done an 8G rally cross style?

I'm just curious, mainly because I think this is the route the Galant may go down since I have some extra parts lying around...

If so...pics?

Also: the Galant would be getting a set of mudflaps the size of the ones on my Pontiac...here's a pic of the Pontiac to give you an idea how big these suckers are. :D

Let the hating begin!
    Last edited by Skyforger; 06-12-2011 at 08:05 PM

-Chris-

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L SOHC: "Octavia"
    2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe 2.4L DOHC

Quote Originally Posted by XxGiRLaNT06xX View Post
    From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

actually it would be nice to see a galant with more of a rally look. I always had the thought that the galant(jdm) was more suited towards rally then anything else. I was looking around for parts cause i also wanted a small taste of rally implemented in the exterior.

I didnt want any one biting my style just yet! lol but i wanted to find fog light grills like the legacy. And toying around with a thought of running a roof fog light with maybe a bike rack. But i say go on and try something different instead of the old sometimes boring way of tuning.

Only sonata f5m42 swapped. N/A build in motion.

Well, with an AEM intake on the way, I figured I'd do some test fits of these mudflaps during the install. Also, if I install them...makes the 4x4 status look worthy.

-Chris-

From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

Does it matter if anyone else has done a rally style? If you want to go that direction, do it.

The reason people think the JDM 8G is more of a rally car is probably because its AWD, not the bastard FWD version we have here.

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

X2^ unless you convert it.. lol Cough Stewi...

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia View Post
    Does it matter if anyone else has done a rally style? If you want to go that direction, do it.

The reason people think the JDM 8G is more of a rally car is probably because its AWD, not the bastard FWD version we have here.
    Not really...my aim was for pics for more inspiration.

-Chris-

Google is your best friend around here for that, since I don't think anyone has mud flaps, besides manta, but I think his are only on the rear? idk i can't remember

The Galant Chassis is actually fairly capable, I did 2 rallycross events in my lowered Galant and it did quite well with judicious application of the e brake.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

I've autocrossed mine as well... And it did fairly well

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk 'cause I'm awesome...
    -Andrew

The rally look will only work if you have a wide body front and rear bumper. If you have the Stock bumpers it wont look right. It should work if you have the VR4 all around add-ons.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Time out. Rally to me its like hard core dirt tracks, hauling balls getting big air, and autocross is against times, and a cone track. So which do you what yo do? Autocross, or rally? lol

TahitianGreen
    Its going to look dumb. Just like the use of the word 'hate' makes you look.

Lol. Is not a bad ideal to put if you going somewhere with a lots off dirt.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

I personally think it is a good idea. It is what you want to do and I think it will look good. The Pontiac looks grat too by the way. Makes me miss my Grand prix. :(

The key to Immortality is first living a life worth remembering.

Why stop there? Get some rally styled foglights!

i say go for it if it makes you happy.i accutaly thinking about putting a rally suspension kit on my 7g just cuz i think it would be nice and im also thinking about modifing an sti wing to fit on it also. so i say go for what you want to do cuz as long as it makes u happy who cares what others think and also id like to see a 7g or 8g with a different style it would be interesting.
    1994 galnt es SOHC

+1 on making yourself happy, why try to please someone else? Its your car, so do as you like.

If you do plan to get into the field of Auto cross, Id say you should invest money into a nice set of coilovers.

GG noobs. Skyforger is talking about rallycross, not autocross. 2 very different types of racing.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

Quote Originally Posted by M-Rod View Post
    GG noobs. Skyforger is talking about rallycross, not autocross. 2 very different types of racing.
    This.

Little by little, the pieces are coming together with the Galant. Already have an AEM intake on the way, with 2nd gen JDM tails to come this Friday.

As much as I dig the VR-4 front clip, the 02-03 bumper has grown on me, but the fender flares I still do want.

Added: any good source for grille inserts on these bumpers? Not digging the empty void in the front.

-Chris-

Quote Originally Posted by Galantman03 View Post
    Time out. Rally to me its like hard core dirt tracks, hauling balls getting big air, and autocross is against times, and a cone track. So which do you what yo do? Autocross, or rally? lol
    rallycross is kind of like autocross in the sense that it takes place on a small enclosed course against the clock. Rally racing is the one with long stages and what not
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast