The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 7g Wrecked, Totalled!?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 38 of 38
    Quote Originally Posted by Apex91 View Post
    Well, I honestly dont know how its supposed to work, the Agent from Allstate told me they use some program to figure out the total, they take the KBB and some other factors and come up with the actual value of the vehical, which was apparently 1200 and then took the 700+ in receipts and picked through them to choose what they could comp me for and came up with 1492

The 1500 mainly is because in FL if the payout is over 1500 they have to take the care and issue a certificate of destruction, because apparently it IS a total loss, the airbags popped and everything, a body shop would probably charge over 2k to fix it (allegedly, I honestly dont know more than what theyve told me) so I took the settlement and the car as opposed to an extra 200 or so so I could try and handle it

I came up with the repair estimate myself, I went on rockauto and pulled up all the parts for the front end and cross referenced the MB and MD #s on ebay to find better deals since some parts (like the hood for instance) were like 150 + 180 shipping. After about a day or so I came up with the figure of about 1300 total to get all the parts I need.

It SHOULD drive fine, there was no damage to the tie rods, axels, control arms, dampener forks, or any part of the steering/suspension system, all the damage is consolidated in the very front end (thank god galants have that foot and a half or so of space between the bumper and radiator :D) basically, everything in the very middle was pushed up ALMOST to the exhaust mani so I SHOULD be able to simple remove the entire front end and replace it.

But as I said, im gonna put up more pics as soon as the tow guys bring it back to my place in the next day or so and let you guys see exactly what im working with.
    It will drive slightly different all cars do drive different after an accident,but i agree it is fixable as long as the frame and sub frame is fine if there is one.

ill make it work lol

u can try a junk yard its way cheaper

Quote Originally Posted by Joker96 View Post
    u can try a junk yard its way cheaper
    Yeah im probably gonna ride out to bithlo and check out A1A its like the great pull and pay in the sky lol the local yards dont have any 7g, theyve got two 1g dsms 1g diamante 6g galant and an 8g GTZ that ive been picking at for months hah

The insurance companies are retarded and they are fucking crooks. They only wanted to give me $1800 for this (minus the JDMs)

My car was immaculate prior and worth well more than $1800...I had to fight to get $2500 bucks. Its pathetic how they rip us off...I get how and why you would want to keep that G, but your hit was much much worse than mine I too would suggest trying to find another. Good luck man, how fast was he going? I got hit head on by a 1988 Fleetwood Caddy and I a broken headlight and grill...wtf?

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

Quote Originally Posted by evil-G-nius View Post
    The insurance companies are retarded and they are fucking crooks. They only wanted to give me $1800 for this (minus the JDMs)

My car was immaculate prior and worth well more than $1800...I had to fight to get $2500 bucks. Its pathetic how they rip us off...I get how and why you would want to keep that G, but your hit was much much worse than mine I too would suggest trying to find another. Good luck man, how fast was he going? I got hit head on by a 1988 Fleetwood Caddy and I a broken headlight and grill...wtf?
    what exactly did you do to fight for it? They were very firm with me about not letting me keep my car if they gave me more than 1500 and that the car itself was only worth 1200, I got it up to nearly 15 by faxing over 700 worth of receipts in reference to all the parts ive invested

I did the same thing and I was firm as well. I told them that no matter what system they use there is no Galant in their database in the condition mine is in. I also told them that the person's insurance that caused the accident is supposed to make me whole again. If that means fix the car or compensated me to get another car....I couldnt do that with the chump change they were giving me. It took me almost 2 years though of arguing and going to higer up managers

gotcha, yea I would have but I dont have much money and I just wanted my baby out of that yard and back into mine where I can try to make her whole again. I literally lost sleep thinking about how scared I would be if I were her, taken away by strange men and left among other neglected heaps until being picked up by some scrapper or being sent to the crusher :'(

ok you got issues! LOL

Yeah they forced me to salvage title my car, but I got to keep it and I argued and bitched that they needed to give me more money. I told them I was fine and had a car that was perfect before their insured caused the accident so they needed to do something better than what they did. I just kept forcing the issue

Alrighty, the checks in the mail and my 7gs at my place, heres some pics of the carnage:

its bad, but not destroyed... my main concern is this:

Frames bent :/

Ive got a buddy who works at a body shop and has a big truck, so were gonna try to bend it back with chains and such.

Id like to thank everyone for their offers of parts, but it would seem as if I have been blessed:

http://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/2441775931.html

Im still debating weather or not I wanna use it as a doner or just swap over all my parts and run that one. Its probably gonna come down to how well we can bend the frame back, I know, im stubborn, but I want MY galant!!

Damn so the frame is bent on the frame horn i think they call it.I would get the other galant,there is a machine meant for pulling the frame out to but i dont know if i would go that far.

damn your frame is FUCKED UP! lol. That is way worse than mine....I dont feel as bad about mine anymore. Good luck and I am glad you got your shit....keep us posted

i know what your feeling man. My 7g is my first car and even tho ive only had it for about 3 months ive only been able to drive it for about 2 weeks and then i ran into alot of problems and now with the trans gone im not gonna be able to get it done thru a shop so unless i can successfully swap the trans by myself idk what im gonna end up doing with it, i woul dhate to see it go but im not sure what options i really have at this point, i payed 600 for it and ive already put 1200 into it fixing the other problems its had..
    1994 galnt es SOHC

My 1st 7g bought when I was 18 back 2005. Paid 1000.. It meet a tree and fall inlove ^lol.... Bought my second one for 300... A avilancher backed not me .. Pic below is the damage and insurance paid me 1300..

Now after some spray paint and lowing here she is my baby

Ouch!!! Yours looks like mine did when I first got it!

Two options:

1. Straighten the frame - to make it cost effective, you'll need to pull then engine + transmission, remove both fenders, hood, bumper & filler panel. This will make your bill cheaper because the body shop will have less work to do before they can get the frame machine in there. However, even if you do all of this work, it will still run close to $1000. Probably even more.

2. Ignore it and repair the car around the bent frame - Tow your car to a tire shop first and see if they can do an alignment. If they're unable to do so, scrap the car. If they can align it, tow it home, then design + weld-in your own radiator brackets ~4in in front of where the stock ones are. This will give you enough room to fit a new radiator. The reason I say this is because you don't have enough room to fit radiator fans as it is now. You'll need a new trans cooler too. Be aware though that your safety will be compromised in a future accident without welding modifications to strengthen the front end.

^I chose option #2 with my car. I've driven it 30,000 miles so far with no problems
    "Speed never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

1997 Galant ES with '94-95 style front end and '97 style rear

Now i'll try to be as sincere in my reply so that every sees where i am coming from.

First off Mr Evil-G-NUIS....long time sir.....long time.

Now i am sorry for your accident bro lord knows i hate when that happens. But reading this post and hundreds of post all throughout the site and on other forums i have to ask a question.

With so many cars in the Junkyards and in ppls homes selling for peanuts, why is the work in the US So damn expensive.

I've looked at your prcing of Engines and Body Parts and it's ridiculous...please don't get confused with my query because on the flipside you guys produce some bad ass vehicles and i enjoy seeing them.

I was in Cali last yr July -August and i went to Vegas and i went home with whiplash. I have to go back :)
    I'm from the Caribbean (Barbados)
    The reason i ask is this you have Million of vehicles on the road and Tons more as parts in JunkYards and i mean the level of skill of your Machine shops and Autorepair guys are thru the roof.

YET..when i look at your car Apex andi see the damage i am here smiling because i have rescently bought a car 7g my #2 :) for the tranny for my V6 and it's hit and we have almost the same damage.

Except mines was hit on the Driver side (RHD car) and the damge has reached the shock tower and behind it. The hood has broken the windshield and the front end damage is not good.

Pics...

When i went too look at the car...

When i decided to buy it and get it home

Front right side hit into wall

The instant i opened my hood i saw this in the corner behing the shock tower and i knew i was in trouble.

Then the rest went down hill

Now what i forgot to take was a pic of the bent chassis on the tranny side and Apex urs is small fry.

Now they guy i bought it from was contemplating if to repair or sell and i asked him if he'd sell the car. He agreed but my mech said only take the tranny and he wanted 1/4 of the selling price for the tranny so i bout the whole car.

Now i know if this was in the U.S they want to write the car off. I don't understand why they love to give cars up as they get tapped.

Apex i told the guy to give me 6-7 months and he'll see the car again on the road. My plan was to go to the Junker and get me a Nose cut. But as luck had it i found another Galant for 300bucks with out engine / tranny or seats BUT it had everything else. The guy has it there from me and i have a clean Nose Cut that i can have the Auto Guy cut from behind or as close to the Shock as possible and well will gut the engine bay truck it to the shop and put on my new nose.

Mind you a CLEAN E54A or 1996 and up can fecth up to something like $5-6000. U.S here. Depending on the Year and the condition.... Last time ivalued my V6 it was 16k something like 8k U.S

We have write offs yes but cars here are too too damn expensive to just dump if they can be repaired.
    Life should be like a V6...........No one will know of you until they step on you TOES...

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    i have 7G cleared cornered heads, front and rear, and sideskirts from the original Erubini Shogun Kit. Let me know, i gotta get rid of it and all i want for the kit is 150, the heads are 100 shipped. Hit me if you wanna talk bout it

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

TGC Regular
    your not going to be able to bend that back out. your probibly going to have to cut the rad support out and weld a new one. Also im not too sure ur going to be able to bend that frame back out without cracking it.. Its really kinked.. If you want my honest opinion its time to part ways with the g and pick up a new one.. Theres just a time when the car isnt worth the amount of money and time to fix it.. plus if its a totaled title in order to get it road worthy it has to be passed and if ur frame is cracked they wont let you drive it..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12