The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 7g Wrecked, Totalled!?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 38

7g Wrecked, Totalled!?

So I was coming out of my moms old neighborhood friday, and lo and behold, some guy in a accord decides hes gonna try to pass the suv in his lane by going around and merging into my lane (oncoming) needless to say, it didnt end well, we collided head on.

Exibit A:

Exibit B:

poor baby :'(

The good thing is, it wasnt my fault, so his insurance is paying out, BUT I have to cover the repairs myself (body shop would rape me, and insurance wanted to total her out D:)

Sooooo... I have just under $1500 to spend to fix my baby, ive got these parts on the list thus far:

Headlamps
    Radiator Support
    Hood
    Bumper Reinforcement
    Header Panel
    Bumper Cover
    Grille
    Radiator
    Automatic Transmission Cooler

Ill upload more in the next day or so, soon as shes out of the tow yard and back in my driveway, but from what you guys can see here, do you think thats all the parts ill need?

The frame wasnt bent, she was driven to the side of the road, and up onto the tow truck, she didnt even stop running during the wreck!

Have any of you experienced making front end repairs on the 7g? If so your input would be PRICELESS!

you might need a condenser for the ac too cuz thats mounted right behind the radiator. Damn hondas gotta ruin all the good things in this world :( goodluck on fixing it though
    1994 galnt es SOHC

the list looks good but like madbmxer963 said you will probably need an a/c condensor and possibly a driver side fender if the head light doesnt sit right.

Oh, and the airbags deployed, does anyone know what exactly I need to replace those? I found the bag modules on ebay, but what more is there to that system? What all do I need to look for? Impact Sensors possibly?

You will need new airbags and the sensors to i believe and i think you need to get them recharged

Quote Originally Posted by Apex91 View Post

That'll Buff right out...

LOL. Sorry man, GLW Repairs. But does 1500 Really cover??

im not sure what you would nieed for an air bag. i know a buddy of mine had to replace his and i think he need the bag n the sensor and im not sure what else to b honest.
    1994 galnt es SOHC

buy another car. it wont be worth it trying to get everything back straight.

Only sonata f5m42 swapped. N/A build in motion.

1500 for that hit? i think is too low, i got 1050 dlls for my crash, this one.

was Nose Bar, right headlight, moved radiator, grills, and hood

-Mitsubishi Galant LS 1994 a/t [ SOLD ]

Quote Originally Posted by Exhaust power View Post
    buy another car. it wont be worth it trying to get everything back straight.
    This.

Did your insurance company say you could keep it plus get the $1500?

plus: Fking hondas jajaj

that is way more than $1500

dude find another 7g or better yet an 8g
    my G was hit in 2 different spots butt the work was alrdy done before i bought it, to this day i wish i didnt buy it due to safty reasons

The insurance company is letting me keep the car and get the 1500 yes, im going to assess the damages thoroughly once its back at my place and I can get to pulling it apart.

I dont want another 7g, I want MY 7g.

The 7g I bought off craigslist for 500 and was dudes first car that got him through school and I told the guy it was going to a good home.

The 7g with the original tranny with 167xx miles that was slipping when I got it but through many drain and fills, and a filter change, shifts like a champ.

Its my first car, the one that taught me everything I know now about cars and inspired me to go to school to be a tech :/

Ive got all the parts on the list narrowed down through Rockauto and Ebay to be had for about 1300 and id be doing the labor.

but I mean, once ive pulled the carnage apart and if it looks like im not gonna be able to make it work, then yeah... ill probably sell the body to the local salvage yard and ebay off the motor/tranny and grab myself another.

Im just trying to avoid that ya kno? Weve been good to eachother

that the 7G love, hope u can fix it,

do what i do, my headlight (right) was cracked on the crash, also the nose bar, so i offer for the jdm headlights, nose bar and grille on ebay. :D

u can do it to, and buy the bumper too

Quote Originally Posted by Apex91 View Post
    The insurance company is letting me keep the car and get the 1500 yes, im going to assess the damages thoroughly once its back at my place and I can get to pulling it apart.

I dont want another 7g, I want MY 7g.

The 7g I bought off craigslist for 500 and was dudes first car that got him through school and I told the guy it was going to a good home.

The 7g with the original tranny with 167xx miles that was slipping when I got it but through many drain and fills, and a filter change, shifts like a champ.

Its my first car, the one that taught me everything I know now about cars and inspired me to go to school to be a tech :/

Ive got all the parts on the list narrowed down through Rockauto and Ebay to be had for about 1300 and id be doing the labor.

but I mean, once ive pulled the carnage apart and if it looks like im not gonna be able to make it work, then yeah... ill probably sell the body to the local salvage yard and ebay off the motor/tranny and grab myself another.

Im just trying to avoid that ya kno? Weve been good to eachother
    I know exactly how u feel almost the same story here ive had my 7g since 05 when i got off high school till now. I also was in a car crash very similiar to urs. Got me a year to fix it lil by little. I was going for tuning now but an 8g cought my eye and well now i have both and selling the 7g. Hope u can fix it up, these are good cars.

I seriously hope you can fix your ride, dude, because I feel the exact same way about my G, the last accident I had I was stressing thinking they were gonna total it out, luckily the damage wasn't as bad as I thought it was, so they didn't. Full coverage FTW! Good luck with everything, dude!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk fam!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

that front took alot of damage. even if you were to make it look cosmetically decent. it will never drive the same

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

how did they come up with the $1500 estimate? Did you bring it to a body shop and the body shop told the insurance company its only $1500 worth of damages? or did they have you bring it to their body shop? The other driver is at fault, their insurance needs to pay you correct amount of $$ to make your car the same it was before the accident

Quote Originally Posted by qnz View Post
    how did they come up with the $1500 estimate? Did you bring it to a body shop and the body shop told the insurance company its only $1500 worth of damages? or did they have you bring it to their body shop? The other driver is at fault, their insurance needs to pay you correct amount of $$ to make your car the same it was before the accident
    Well, I honestly dont know how its supposed to work, the Agent from Allstate told me they use some program to figure out the total, they take the KBB and some other factors and come up with the actual value of the vehical, which was apparently 1200 and then took the 700+ in receipts and picked through them to choose what they could comp me for and came up with 1492

The 1500 mainly is because in FL if the payout is over 1500 they have to take the care and issue a certificate of destruction, because apparently it IS a total loss, the airbags popped and everything, a body shop would probably charge over 2k to fix it (allegedly, I honestly dont know more than what theyve told me) so I took the settlement and the car as opposed to an extra 200 or so so I could try and handle it

I came up with the repair estimate myself, I went on rockauto and pulled up all the parts for the front end and cross referenced the MB and MD #s on ebay to find better deals since some parts (like the hood for instance) were like 150 + 180 shipping. After about a day or so I came up with the figure of about 1300 total to get all the parts I need.

It SHOULD drive fine, there was no damage to the tie rods, axels, control arms, dampener forks, or any part of the steering/suspension system, all the damage is consolidated in the very front end (thank god galants have that foot and a half or so of space between the bumper and radiator :D) basically, everything in the very middle was pushed up ALMOST to the exhaust mani so I SHOULD be able to simple remove the entire front end and replace it.

But as I said, im gonna put up more pics as soon as the tow guys bring it back to my place in the next day or so and let you guys see exactly what im working with.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast