The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2.4L 02 Galant ROM and XML flash *progress*

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 118
    UPDATE: I'm going to try putting the knock sensor on the G stock PCM before i go to the EVO ECU. I got a full evo engine harness a while ago, i got the knock sensor plug from the evo harness and a knock sensor from the 4g64 from the eclipse. Plug and play on the evo plug and eclipse knock sensor. That is a plus :). going to Run the signal to the PCM ping and ground to a ground. I hope the PCM will pick up the signal, Or i will bust my ass trying to get the code to activate. :(

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

anything for the v6??
    STAY READY AND YOU WONT HAVE TO GET READY!!

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by galant1983 View Post
    anything for the v6??
    what more do you need for the V6? Everything is pretty well defined, and we already have a knock sensor.

Isaurio, can you explain what "Knock Flag" is? It shows up as an option to log in EvoScan, but I don't know what it is. I know that "Knock Sum" is what we commonly refer to just as knock, and that's what we look for when tuning. But I have no idea what Knock Flag is and it shows up as weird numbers if you do log it.

I think you set a flag on the knock sum. Let say you dont want a knock above 3 or 4 put a flag on that number and evoscan will beep or will give you a color pattern. I have to play with it since i dont have a knock sensor. LOL.....Beam. Good news. Put a GTZ fuel map low and high. and as timing put the GTS timing. that will be your base map. and then fine tune it.

I notice and is a fact. That when you go bigger intake, CAI, short ram, 5 speed, etc. You need to change to a lower timing advance map. since the engine is receiving more air and it rotates more freely without the A/T torque converter etc. The timing advance needs to be lower and fuel needs to be just right. Ones you gain power with a lower timing advance them you fine tuned "increase timing and adjust fuel/AFR" it until you get knock. The stock map wont do any good ones you do the upgrades that i mention since they are set to a higher timing advance for the a/t. That is way the eclipse 5 speed have a lower timing map than the a/t cars.
    Last edited by Isaurio; 08-15-2011 at 03:13 PM

SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Quote Originally Posted by Isaurio View Post
    UPDATE: I'm going to try putting the knock sensor on the G stock PCM before i go to the EVO ECU. I got a full evo engine harness a while ago, i got the knock sensor plug from the evo harness and a knock sensor from the 4g64 from the eclipse. Plug and play on the evo plug and eclipse knock sensor. That is a plus :). going to Run the signal to the PCM ping and ground to a ground. I hope the PCM will pick up the signal, Or i will bust my ass trying to get the code to activate. :(
    So the 3g I4 eclipse do come with knock sensors? is it a specific trim? it would be pretty nice to run that evo harness with the ecu. Cant wait to see how the 3g KS turns out on the galants ecu.

Only sonata f5m42 swapped. N/A build in motion.

Quote Originally Posted by Exhaust power View Post
    So the 3g I4 eclipse do come with knock sensors? is it a specific trim? it would be pretty nice to run that evo harness with the ecu. Cant wait to see how the 3g KS turns out on the galants ecu.
    Yes the manual eclipse comes with the knock sensor. I will give it a try. I know the galant PCM has as much potential as the eclipse manual ecu. There are made with the same software base "codes". The only thing they bring different maps for different setup.

To put it simple. I had fund the same identical and even more on the Galant I4 computer as the eclipse. they have the same tables/maps just with a different number and different memory location.
    Last edited by Isaurio; 08-15-2011 at 03:33 PM

SOHC Turbo

Yes the manual eclipse comes with the knock sensor. I will give it a try. I know the galant PCM has as much potential as the eclipse manual ecu. There are made with the same software base "codes". The only thing they bring different maps for different setup.

To put it simple. I had fund the same identical and even more on the Galant I4 computer as the eclipse. they have the same tables/maps just with a different number and different memory location.
    Ok thats pretty good to know then. And what i here from having a knock sensor its very crucial to gaining power.

Quote Originally Posted by Exhaust power View Post
    Ok thats pretty good to know then. And what i here from having a knock sensor its very crucial to gaining power.
    yes for tuning and computer adjustment. KNOCK = ENGINE KILLER

For us = tuning. It help us to know when knock occurs . In what RPM and at what load. so we could go ahead and tuned that cell so we could avoid knock.

For the ECU. If it detects knock some amount of knock, it will move to the lower maps such as fuel and timing so it could avoid knock. If the computer dont see any knock it will use the high map. Our G I4 only uses the low maps since we dont have a knock sensor.
    Last edited by Isaurio; 08-15-2011 at 04:08 PM

SOHC Turbo

yes for tuning and computer adjustment. KNOCK = ENGINE KILLER

For us = tuning. It help us to know when knock occurs . In what RPM and at what load. so we could go ahead and tuned that cell so we could avoid knock.

For the ECU. If it detects knock some amount of knock, it will move to the lower maps such as fuel and timing so it could avoid knock. If the computer dont see any knock it will use the high map. Our G I4 only uses the low maps since we dont have a knock sensor.
    Makes a lot of sense to me!

I think you set a flag on the knock sum. Let say you dont want a knock above 3 or 4 put a flag on that number and evoscan will beep or will give you a color pattern. I have to play with it since i dont have a knock sensor. LOL.....Beam. Good news. Put a GTZ fuel map low and high. and as timing put the GTS timing. that will be your base map. and then fine tune it.

I notice and is a fact. That when you go bigger intake, CAI, short ram, 5 speed, etc. You need to change to a lower timing advance map. since the engine is receiving more air and it rotates more freely without the A/T torque converter etc. The timing advance needs to be lower and fuel needs to be just right. Ones you gain power with a lower timing advance them you fine tuned "increase timing and adjust fuel/AFR" it until you get knock. The stock map wont do any good ones you do the upgrades that i mention since they are set to a higher timing advance for the a/t. That is way the eclipse 5 speed have a lower timing map than the a/t cars.
    you recommend using a GTS M/T ROM as reference, not a GT M/T? I have both either way.

PS: do you have a GTZ ROM and definition? The definition I have for my 03 GTZ ROM seems to have some addresses off. The high octane fuel map is wayyy messed up.
    Last edited by beam514; 08-16-2011 at 10:05 PM

At lower load and higher RPM, the GTS timing is advanced a lot more than my Diamante map. Significantly lower at high load, low rpm. Slightly lower at high load, high rpm.

Actually,
    Ignore the axis values. I have referenced the Galant tables and Eclipse tables, and allow the axis show up different at the end, the values are nearly identical, leading me to believe something is up with the axis. I don't know? Anyway, second column from the right, the timing is significantly more advanced on GTS map than on the Diamante map.
    Last edited by beam514; 08-17-2011 at 12:41 AM

Yes i do have the 03 GTZ, i finish the xml for that rom. Also i have the 02 Gtz ROM and xml had to do that one from nothing :(.

You dont want to see the GTZ timing. Is super crazy advanced, is more than the GTS or GT. My friend 02 GTZ i put the GTS timing and the engine responce better and with no knock.

The timing you have is more mild. Looks like a I4 eclipse M/T timing. You should put the GTZ fuel maps they run richer. Good to avoid knock. and use the GTS M/T timing at a start.

Check out the GTZ timing. You could try the GTZ timing and fuel and see how she reacts to it. DONT FORGET TO PUT THE GTZ FUEL MAP SINCE IS RICHER. IF YOU DONT YOU WILL KNOCK LIKE CRAZY. also check your knock.

Last edited by Isaurio; 08-17-2011 at 10:37 AM

SOHC Turbo

yeah I was looking at the Fuel Maps for the GTZ ROM that I have, and they are all messed up. Would you mind sending me your ROMS and definitions?

Those axis look better than mine but I'm just ignoring the axis anyway.

PM me your email. and i will send you the 03 GTZ rom and xml

SOHC Turbo

Updated thread. First ever Stock 4cyl Galant with knock sensor, with OEM Stock PCM.

SOHC Turbo

Good work Isaurio. I dunno how to read that Map Tracer though LOL

that is the avg of a knock. meaning it shows at what rpm and at what load the knock accours. so later you will fix it at that location on ecuflash. increase fuel or decrease timing so you wont get knock.

SOHC Turbo

I usually just open up the log in excel and look at the knock sum column?

Great news!

Quote Originally Posted by beam514 View Post
    I usually just open up the log in excel and look at the knock sum column?
    Do it with evoscan. Is more accurate on what RPM and at what load the knock accours.
    Last edited by Isaurio; 08-22-2011 at 02:33 PM

SOHC Turbo

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast