The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: E-Line or Premium Rotors (From R1 Concepts)

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

E-Line or Premium Rotors (From R1 Concepts)

Should I purchase the E-Line Rotors or Premium Rotors from R1 Concepts. Both prices seem to be reasonable ($105 and $150 respectively) including posi ceraminc brake pads.

However, is the 50% premium (pun not intented) justified for the premium brakes? Please give me your opinion and why or why not...

I really need to order these soon as my steering wheel vibrates when engaging the brakes.

Thanks in advance.

Both R1 rotors will be nice. The benefit of the Premium Rotors is that they have electro-coated rotor vaning and rotor hat. This will help prevent rusting and corrosion issues down the road. But here are the actual descriptions from R1 themselves:

Product Description :
    R1 Concepts PREMIUM SERIES BRAKE DISC WITH BLACK E-COATED HUB --

* Black E-Coating Gives Long Lasting Corrosion Protection
    * High strength cast iron discs
    * Direct Fit OEM Replacement Brake Rotor
    * Double disc ground finish reduces rotor vibration
    * Meet Or Exceed OEM Standards For Excellence
    * Mill balanced brake rotors ensures long lasting durability
    * Superior Machined Surfaces That Provide Smoother And Quieter Stops And Longer Brake Pad Life
    Product Description :

R1 Concepts ELINE BRAKE DISC -- When price is important and quality is essential. R1 Concepts ELINE Brake Rotors offer many of the benefits of an OEM part at a fraction of the cost.

* Direct Fit OEM Replacement Brake Rotor
    * Double disc ground finish reduces rotor vibration
    * Meet Or Exceed OEM Standards For Excellence
    * Mill balanced brake rotors ensures long lasting durability
    * Brake rotors are casted using G3000 graded iron.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    Both R1 rotors will be nice. The benefit of the Premium Rotors is that they have electro-coated rotor vaning and rotor hat. This will help prevent rusting and corrosion issues down the road. But here are the actual descriptions from R1 themselves:
    ???

I bought (or paid for at least) the premium rotors from r1. They are already rusting pretty good, it has only been a 10 months since I got them.

I feel like they had sent be the e-line's even though I paid the $320 for the set.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by keith6110 View Post
    ???

I bought (or paid for at least) the premium rotors from r1. They are already rusting pretty good, it has only been a 10 months since I got them.

I feel like they had sent be the e-line's even though I paid the $320 for the set.
    If your center hub is/was black then they are premium, if the hub is/was zinc coated as the rest of the rotor then they are e-line

4g64T 5spd

I answered this in the r1concepts thread that you had asked the same question -

I have tried both, the e-lines and Premium. Actually I have had better luck with the e-lines when it comes to rust. They lasted longer without rust than the Premium. The e-lines lasted me about 35k before I got the slightest shudder. But I'm sure for others, it will last longer, as I drive in rush hour traffic quite a bit. The premiums have also lasted me about the same amount of time and I've got the shudder again. Time to buy another set soon. I use Akebono's for the fronts and rears. They last long, are really quiet and have almost no dust.

Like I had said, the elines definitely did better on rust than the premiums.

Just placed an order with Steven for some E-Line Rotors and Posi Ceramic pads...very easy to work with and very knowledgable. Hoping the product will be just as good.

Thanks for everyone's comments/recommendations...really helped to decide between the E-Lines and Premiums.