The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: starter on 7g

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

starter on 7g

so im looking to take the starter off to remove the trans n i was wondering on where it is behind the engine and whats the easiest way to remove it?
    1994 galnt es SOHC

Two bolts (14mm head) under the throttle body, looks like bell housing bolts.

its a pain in the ass sort of, but very doable in like 25-30 minutes total. You do have to pull the airbox out so if you have an intake it will be easier. But under the intake mani is the starter....bam. ^^^Do as he said, pull the bolts, swap it out....done

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

what is the easiest way to take it out after you have unbolted it?
    1994 galnt es SOHC

with your hands. LOL. Just unplug the wires, it takes a little maneuvering but it pretty much comes right out

i looked at it today and i could find the bolts lol. woukd it be easier to take the fuel rail out or move it so its easier to get to the starter??
    1994 galnt es SOHC

not necessary, but its up to you. That would just be much more work for you. If you look under the air box (on the block) you will see the starter under the intake mani. There are only two bolts...if you can see the starter you will find the bolts

okay...so im confused cuz from the angle im looking at it (from the side where the airbox was before i took it out) i see two screws in the starter that have Philips heads on them, is that the 2 bolts??
    1994 galnt es SOHC

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    You are going to have to remove your stock airbox unless you have a intake which you still have to remove to have room to manuever.

You want to disconnect the battery for obvious reasons before anything else.

Locate the starter...its under the throttle body right behind where the heater hoses go into the firewall.

There are 2 14mm bolts securing it in place..remove them.

You will need a 10mm socket wrench to remove the nut holding the positive cable from the starter and the negative you just pinch the plug and it will disconnect.

Its a tight space..but you will just have to manuever the starter out through the shift cables and heater hoses and should come right now.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

okay im gonna look at it tomorrow
    1994 galnt es SOHC

Good to to see you here Kev!

So how did it go? Like we said it is a slight pain in the ass but definately should be doable in under an hour.

i didnt get a chance to today cuz the weather sucked i was busy trying to mess wit the axles but i lloked at it ad i couldnt find the bolts where are they one the starter??
    1994 galnt es SOHC