The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Headlight Disassembly

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Headlight Disassembly

I've been searching, and I cannot find anything on where and how to actually take out the headlights. I have a 2002 Mitsubishi Galant and just ordered the Morimoto Mini D2S from TRS. It seems like a pretty easy (no cutting) kit, I just need to know how to get the damn things out. Any help? Thanks a lot guys.

I personally Had a cyber 2 Front bumper and the way I had to do it was remove the bumper first then unbolt the rest. not sure if it's the same for stock but I would assume so. I'd remove the front bumper then just unbolt the assembly. pretty straight forward. Use the nifty little search box some more. I remember seeing something for bumper removal if you need help with that.

IMMORTALIZED CUSTOMS
    Sid Mundo Production

Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    don't need to remove bumper for 8g total of 4 bolts...2 on the inner were the grill clips in (remove grill with flat head)....obvious bolt on the top of the headlight and one by the turn signal bulb........to pop headlights open put them on a damp towel in 250 degree preheated oven(turn off heat) and leave headlights in there for 10 mins should split no issue

Thanks guys. I'll post how the D2S fit when I actually have 6 hours where I don't need the car. Hopefully it'll be as easy as bolting it in, and putting it back together.

Btw, how do you reseal the light? I have the glue from TRS, but the projector and stuff will be fine in the oven?